Deploy IS options (endpoints)

Hi,

What is the best practice to deploy “Web services endpoints” and “Global var”, please ?
Does the Deployer can do that, or it is a better idea to do it manually ?

Regards

Hi Cedric,

Deployer supports file based deployment of these assets. To do the same:

1. Create a IS&TN deployer project
  2. Click on “webMethods Files
  3. Choose the globalVars and webservice endpoints config files from below locations - “{SoftwareAG Install dir}\IntegrationServer\instances{instance_name}\config\globalVariables.cnf” and “{SoftwareAG Install dir}\IntegrationServer\instances{instance_name}\config\endpoints”

Disadvantage with this kind of deployment is that all the configuration in the files will be deployed and there is no easy way of cherry picking the configuration from the existing ones.

Solution for this is to use some friendly deployment and release management tool like Crossvista. Crossvista supports deployment of selected configuration.

Hi Cedric,

for a first time deployment I agree with Prasad, but for follow up deployments I prefer to modify the existing configuration manually.

I am not sure about globalVar (we did not use them yet), but for Endpoint Aliases I am quite sure, that they change very seldom. So the effort to change them after every deployment to the target adresses is higher than just modifying them when there is a need to do so.
I am not sure if Variable Substitution apply here.

Regards.
Holger

I agree with the above notes (Prasad and Holger).

To Cedric,

For your information CrossVista is not part of webMethods Product Suite and there is a cost and license involved. But believe me it has got lot feature that will ease your deployment and release management process. It can also be used as a code repository.

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, you’re right it might be a good idea for me to try CrossVista.
I will take a look at it.

Regards