Deploy CAF portlet to other environments-Error occured

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the CAF portlets from one environment to other environment. Everything gets deployed very well. But when i am trying to process same request from QA it fails. this is working good on lower environment but fails when im deploying to higher environment

And throws this error-Connection refused: connect(ON UI).

Do i need to create any web-service end point alias? Please advise.

Thanks,
Sri

Capture.PNG

Hi Srikanth,

can you provide more details please?
wM version

Are the any messages in the IS and/or MWS log files?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for quick response, Actually we deployed the caf portlets and IS(package related to CAF) from dev to qa. Portlet got deployed but when i was try to submit some request from QA Caf portlet it still hits the development webservice.
Please advise!

I have updated the wsclients.xml but still its not working.

Thanks,
Srikanth

Hi Srikanth,

Under “Administration Dashboard” go to “CAF Application Runtime Configuration”.

Do a search for your Application.

Click on it.

Under the link “Environment Variables” correct the Endpoint Address (and others if needed) and “Apply” the changes.

Application performs an automatic reload.

After that it should now connect to the QA IntegrationServer.

This should be a one time task after the first deployment, but is better being checked after each deployment.

Remember to check the evaluation order of Shell, Skin and Startpage Rules as well as the permissions for the portlet application.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,

That was really helpful. Its worked fine when i substituted this below address(Screenshot). If we have multiple webservices how will this work. Can i know if we need to create an end point alias on IS?

Thanks,
Sri

Hi Srikanth,

if you have different WebServices (Endpoints) in one Application, specify the URL as “http://host:port/ws” and add the exact endpoint name to the binding in the CAF project.

Instead of “#{wsclient-address}” use “#{wsclient-address}/endpoint-name” in the CAF project.

Rebuild of the project and redeployment is required if this an existing application.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thanks Holger, What will be the endpoiny-name name in #{wsclient-address}/endpoint-name" ? Where do we define this? Is thise something that we need to define on IS.

Hi Srikanth,

if you look at the screenshot you have posted earlier, just split the URL at the “/ws” location.

The Endpoint name is the right part (behind the /ws).

There is no need to define something special on IS for this.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger.

Hi Holger and Srikanth,

I have a similar problem when deploying my CAF project to another environment. I have more than a dozen web services built and used here.(all web services are on the same IS server that the MWS is configured to)
I’m using wm9.5 and using basic authentication method for the web service calls to the IS. After deployment to the new server still the webservice call is made to my development server.
so i changed the web service end point address to my new server as “http://host:port/ws” in CAF runtime configuration and now im gettin access denied on “/ws” in the IS sever logs.

is there any permissions that im supposed to give that i hve missed. I have configured the ACL and user and updated in the CAF runtime configuration.

Im not sure what and how i should proceed.
What do you mean by changing the end point like this:
“#{wsclient-address}/endpoint-name” in the CAF project.

i would appreciate your help and guidance.

br,
Kiran