deleting records from recordlist

hi,

can anyone help me out in deleting record from recordlist

thanks

rudhra

Basically you have to loop thru the recordlist and build a new recordlist using appendToDocumentlist and dont append the particular record that you dont need.

HTH
RMG

That or you can use the built-in service administrator.util:removeFromRecordList to achieve the same. You will need to provide three inputs - the list, the name of the key on which you want to select which record to remove and the value of that key for which you want to remove the record. HTH,

Rohit

Rohit,

Thanks for pointing though…i think this should be cleaner way than using append to new list.

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

I do agree that looping over the list, branching on the key, omitting the unwanted and appending the rest to the list is a way of doing it, but I am confused as to how this is cleaner as compared to having just one service invoked and getting the same task done. Please help me understand.

Thanks, Rohit

What i mean is your mentioned removeFromRecordList service is the better approach.

Sorry for the confusion.

HTH,
RMG

Oops… sorry…! Think I read it all wrong.

Always admire your knowledge on the platform and am keen to learn - the reason why I asked. :slight_smile:

Rohit

I see your posts all the time,they are really very helpful and its right technical guidance.

Take it easy.

Cheers,
RMG

I am not sure that using the removeFromRecordList service is the better approach. Sure, it is simpler, but administrator.util:removeFromRecordList doesn’t appear to be documented, and it is in the WmAdmin package, which to me means that it may not be supported for use in a user application.

Roger

Well i agree with you Roger,but i believe WmAdmin can be enabled and user application can start using it.I dont think enable this package doesn any thing other than WmRoot.

HTH,
RMG