Default Problem adding task to business process

I have a working process in webMethods 8.0. It has two simple activity steps that work.

Note: If I create stand alone task applications I can deploy them and run them on my webMethods.

I try to add a third activity step with no implementation and it works. When I change the type to TASK and then change the implementation to new task and try to build, I get the following error:

Build of process “demoprocess” started at 01/06/11 2:09 PM
Checking database for prior build and upload of process: “demoprocess” version: “1”
Retrieving previous build information for process: “demoprocess” version: “1”
Testing connection for Integration Server “servername”
Process “demoprocess” has been previously built. Any changes to the flows in this version will be reflected below.
Updating input signature for mapping service for step

Error: Build of process “demoprocess” failed. The log file might have more information.
com.softwareag.metadata.query.API.QueryException: [META.LUCENE.1001] Query failed. [{Software AG Product Documentation}hasURI=urn:///tasktype/1BF198B8-3E3A-12BD-BB46-8F3FE1C438C1 (AND)
] See log for details.
at com.softwareag.metadata.query.lucene.LuceneQueryExecutor.executeQuery(LuceneQueryExecutor.java:80)
at com.softwareag.metadata.query.lucene.LuceneQuery.getAsset(LuceneQuery.java:388)
at com.softwareag.metadata.query.lucene.LuceneQuery.getAsset(LuceneQuery.java:433)
at com.softwareag.metadata.query.lucene.LuceneQuery.getAsset(LuceneQuery.java:424)
at com.softwareag.metadata.eclipse.query.API.MetadataQuery.getAsset(MetadataQuery.java:356)
at com.webMethods.process.properties.util.StepSignatureMetadataUtil.getNameFromUri(StepSignatureMetadataUtil.java:419)
at com.webMethods.process.properties.util.StepSignatureMetadataUtil.getName(StepSignatureMetadataUtil.java:402)
at com.webMethods.process.properties.util.StepSignatureMetadataUtil.isValidTask(StepSignatureMetadataUtil.java:542)
at com.webMethods.process.generator.FlowServiceGenerator.validateTask(FlowServiceGenerator.java:1026)
at com.webMethods.process.generator.FlowServiceGenerator.generateFlowServices(FlowServiceGenerator.java:267)
at com.webMethods.process.generator.ProcessModelGenerator.generateModel(ProcessModelGenerator.java:361)
at com.webMethods.process.generator.ProcessModelGenerator.generateModel(ProcessModelGenerator.java:477)
at com.webMethods.process.generator.actions.GenerateProcessAction.run(GenerateProcessAction.java:317)
at com.webMethods.process.generator.actions.GenerateProcessAction.run(GenerateProcessAction.java:92)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

Did some tracking down through the logs and it appears the problem was related to the permgen size not being big enough in the environment variables for myweb methods and integration server. You can increase the PERMGEN size in the env variables script for integration server.

Complete the Integration Server Installation

Increase PermGen Space on UNIX and Mac Systems

If you are using a Sun JDK with Integration Server, you must increase the permanent

generation (PermGen) space from the default of 64MB to at least 128MB. By default, the

webMethods Installer installs a Sun JDK for Integration Server 8.0 on Linux and Solaris

systems. If you are using the default JDK on those systems, or if you are using your own

Sun JDK on one of those systems, another UNIX system, or an Mac system, complete the

steps below.

1 Go to the Integration Server_directory/bin directory and open the server.sh file in a text

editor.

2 Uncomment these lines by removing the pound sign (#):

#JAVA_MAX_PERM_SIZE=128M

#JAVA_PERM_SIZESET=-XX:MaxPermSize=${JAVA_MAX_PERM_SIZE}

3 Save and close the file.

Hi Richard,

I’m having the exact same problem:

[i]Error: Build of process “xxxx” failed. The log file might have more information.
com.softwareag.metadata.query.API.QueryException: [META.LUCENE.1001] Query failed. [{Software AG Product Documentation}hasURI=urn:///tasktype/xxxxxxxxx(AND)…