debugLog - Access denied

Hi,
I am able to connect to IS and execute services. I am able to get to IS Admin too as my access permisions are equivalent to Admin. We using LDAP for authentication.
For some reason, the DebugLog service isn’t working due to AccessIssues. I tested it by selecting the service name in WmPublic Package. I get the error below
Any inputs why this would be happening?
Thanks,
AK

errorDump com.wm.app.b2b.server.AccessException: [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:186) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:411) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:521) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:369) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:128) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:131) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:119) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:312) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
$errorInfo $errorDump com.wm.app.b2b.server.AccessException: [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:186) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:411) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:521) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:369) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:128) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:131) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:119) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:312) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
$error [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied
$localizedError [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied
$errorType com.wm.app.b2b.server.AccessException
$service pub.flow:debugLog
$user axk11686
$time 2007-09-10 16:09:55 EDT
$details
$errorMsgId ISS.0084.9004

$error [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied
$errorType com.wm.app.b2b.server.AccessException

Selected it how? Are you able to invoke pub.flow:debugLog from within a Flow service?

Hi,
Everything works perfect except that the messages are not being written by debugLog. The exception messages were not written to server.log and I didn’t know what was going wrong.

Once I isolated the issue of debugLog not writing the output to server.log - I did try writing a one line test service - the results(pipeline variables message, level) looked fine except that no messages were written to server.log or no errors reported in error.log.

I requested my colleague, Administrator of the system - to test with a onliner debugLog flow - to isoloate any userID related issues - the behaviour was same.

I used the browse services option of IS Admin to get to the debugLog service of WmPublic and than selected test service. The reason I mentioned this is - I got the access denied error only while doing this - I saw no errors while executing the packages or my test flow.

These is the behaviour on unix solaris platform. Any thoughts on what could cause this problem would be helpful.
Thanks,
AK

Have you read the entry in the built-in service guide PDF for the pub.flow:debugLog service? Did you set the “level” input parameter correctly to match the logging level at which your Integration Server is running?

Service runs but does not product output is different than service runs and throws “access denied” exception. Which is it?

Hi,
I am aware of the debug level - the debug level of our server is set at 4 and I tried all 1,2,3,4 - nothing seemed to log the output to server.log

Testing the service thru IS Admin is the only way I could see the Access denied error.

The issue is nothing is getting logged to server.log
Thanks,
AK

How is your server being started from the command line? If you are supplying the “-log none” or “log=none” parameter then all logging output would be written to stdout. Is your “serveryyyymmdd.log” file empty or does it contain other entries just not the ones you want? What version of IS?

Thanks Mark for your attention to this issue. It is an interesting thought.

We are using 6.5.

Assuming the Server would have been started with command line log/ debug setting other than what I am looking at in the server.cnf or in the Admin API - The server.log file does contains few LDAP connection errors and the “access denied” error makes it little strange.
Thanks,
AK