DB2 for AS400 Connection problem with JDBC adapter 602

Hi,

I’m trying to connect to a DB2 for AS/400 V5R2 using the JDBC Adapter(version 6.0.2). I am using webMethods IS 6.0.1 (SP2 applied).

Following error occurs while creating a JDBC connection.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource as400Connectivity:VDAS400Connection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource”.
The application requester cannot establish the connection.(jdbc:as400://hostipaddress:23/KBM400D412)

The connection parameter details are:

DataSource Class = com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource
serverName = jdbc:as400://hostipaddress:23/KBM400D412
user = %%%%%
password = *****
databaseName = <blank>
portNumber = <blank>
networkProtocol = <blank>
Other Properties = <blank>

I could ping the serverhost and the user/password combination is valid.

I got jtopen_4_1.zip from IBM and the jar files (jt400.jar and util400.jar) are put in the server classpath. After that, the server is restarted.

can anybody tell me what went wrong here?

Appreciate your help

Karthi

Hello Karthi!

I see that you have specified a full URL in the serverName field.

Note that DataSource does not require a full URL as a Connection would.

Don’t recall of the bat, but it should be hostipaddress or hostipaddress:port if there is not a port field.

Thanks Dezi. It worked.

Hey Karthi,
Can you pls. send me the final parameters which worked for you. I am experiencing the same errors as you.

Hi Bhawesh,

Here are the connection parameter details I used:
Transaction Type NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource
serverName XX.XX.XX.XXX
user %%%%%
password ******
databaseName
portNumber
networkProtocol
Other Properties translatebinary=true;prompt=false;date format=iso;time format=iso;
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 60000
Expire Timeout (msec) 60000

Karthi

Hi gurus out there,

Im configuring a jdbc adapter Db2 for as/400
which im not able to enable. any hint is appreciated
as show below:

Transaction Type NO_TRANSACTION
serverName XX.XX.XX.XXX
user %%%%%
password ******
databaseName Mydb
portNumber
networkProtocol
Other Properties translatebinary=true;prompt=false;date format=iso;time format=iso;
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec)1000

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource sfa.sfaInterface.adapters:sfaAdapter.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.203] The JDBC DataSource class “com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource” does not have some of the configured property settings.
null

i have missed to mention the AS is 5.2 ,the JDBC adapter is 6.0.3 and IS 6.1

Hi,
I’m trying to connect to a DB2 for AS/400 V5R2 using the JDBC Adapter(version 6.0.2). I am using webMethods IS 6.1

Here is my configuration:

Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
serverName XX.X.X.XX
user %%%%%%
password ******
databaseName XXXXX
portNumber
networkProtocol
Other Properties translateBinary=true;
Minimum Pool Size 2
Maximum Pool Size 20
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 10000
Expire Timeout (msec) 10000
Startup Retry Count 1
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 30

The error message occurs while creating a JDBC connection:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource AdapterServices:JDBC_AS400_USBAX.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class "com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource " cannot be located.
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource .class not found

Can you help me?

Have you obtained jt400.jar and put it in your /ishome/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars dir? You must have this jar and you can get it from ibm.com.

Hi Roger,
I put jt400.jar in XX/ishome/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars dir but still getting the same error message:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource AdapterServices:JDBC_AS400_USBAX.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class "com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource " cannot be located.
com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource .class not found

Can anybody tell me what went wrong here?

Appreciate your help

Hi,
Put the jt400.jar in XXXX/IntegrationServer/lib/jars folder and restart IS.

Hi,

Some files were missing in jars directory. It is working now.

Thank you.

Hi Emily,

Can you tell me what are all the files were missing because for me it is not working, even i have placed the jar jt400.jar.

All we have is jt400.jar in the (isroot)/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars directory. Make sure you have the latest version of it from IBM. [url=“Enterprise Business Servers | IBM”]Enterprise Business Servers | IBM

Thanks Roger, it is working for me now!

Hi, Great brains
I am facing same problem of AS400 connection with JDBC Adapter. When i am trying to enable JDBC Connection i am getting error as per below, "Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource WagDCDBConnection.DBconnection:DBConnection.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource " cannot be located.com/ibm/as400/access/AS400JDBCDataSource” Please find below are the configuration settings for JDBC Adapter: Transaction Type:LOCAL_TRANSACTION DataSource Class:com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource serverName:xxxxxxxxxxOther Properties:libraries=MRPDLIB
I did move required jt400.jar and jtopen_4_4.zip file into IntegrationServer/lib/jars directory. This setting is working in one server but same is not working on another server. Is there any AS400 data source software need to be installed? could any one help us Out? I appreciate for any help.
Thanks
Hitesh
writeTDspan(‘rowdata-l’); swapRows();

When i put my spectacles on:D , I see a space at the end of your driver class.

"com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDataSource "