Date Handling Functions in version 7.4.2

Hi,

I’m just new here. Does anybody know if Mediator 7.4.2 supports dateTime and other date handling XPATH functions?

[i]http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/xpath_functions.asp#datetime[/i]

Is there a way (through functions) that I can increment the time (or date) by ‘n’ hours (or seconds/days)?

Regards,

Hi Louie,

First of all, let me apologize that you didn’t get a response before now. I think we had some trouble with our post notifications over the last month.

The XPATH function you are describing in your post was one added to the XPATH and XSLT 2.0 specifications. Version 7.4.2 does support this specification so date or datetime operations are not possible.

Support for XPATH and XSLT 2.0 are planned for a future version.

Regards,

Hi Louie,

Just one more comment on this…

As I mentioned, datetime functions are a part of the XPATH 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 specification. The current status of the XPATH w3c recommendation is “Proposed” (21.11.2006).
Until w3c alters the status officially to Recommended, Standards driven software like the XML Mediator will take no action to implement it. :slight_smile:

The danger that it will get altered before the final recommendation is too high.

Regards,

Thanks Matthew, how are date manipulations like increments/decrements handled in Mediator?

Hi Louie,

I have never heard of a use case where this was required to tell you the truth. Once Xpath2.0 and XSLT 2.0 makes it to a recommended status many of these types of functions will be taken care of by Xpath functions.
The current XPath function list is however limited to the manipulation of simple types like string, boolean and numeric.
A possible and quick method to address this problem would be to add a component to the installation which could perform the date manipulations you are interested in.

Regards,

Hi;

We have had to add x amount of days to the current date; I find the easiest way is to implement this in a simple java mehtod and call that method from the java object gateway.

You should be able to do it using the java.util.Calendar directly from the Java Object Gateway; I did not try as it was better to implement this as a method in a library of utility functions to be used within sequences.

regards,

• arp

Thanks!

I have implemented a Java method via Java Object Gateway.