DataHub - Query data as .csv via Cumulocity REST API

Hello All,

I have a question about receiving data vie API in .csv format.

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

License

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Via REST you can fetch data either via the “Dremio REST API” or via “Datahub REST API” (see Working with DataHub - Cumulocity IoT Guides).

The Dremio REST API offers an option for CSV Output, does the DataHub Rest API offer that as well?

Thank you!

Hi @anon27356207,
I’m honestly not aware of the fact that Dremio does offer an official API to download CSV. It is possible to download CSV via Dremio’s UI and there are obviously internal APIs backing this, but nothing official.
Do you have any pointer to the docs in case I missed this?

I think you’re raising in interesting feature request here. Would you mind to submit an idea via Aha!? Log in to your workspace | Aha!

Thanks, Tim

Hello @Tim_Doernemann1,

The client is saying that via direct Dremio access there is a possibility to specifiy the format: https://datahub.tenant-name>:9447/apiv2/job/<job_id>/download/?downloadFormat=CSV&.token=

However, I was also unable to find anything official in the documentation.

I am looking for a statement if it is possible or not to do the same with DataHub.

Thank you!

Hi @anon27356207,
thanks for the clarification – that is exactly the internal API that backs the “Download as CSV” functionality in Dremio’s UI.
As of today, we do not offer this capability as part of CDH’s API, but as said: I think it would be useful for customers and thus you could create an idea in Aha! to raise our PM’s awareness.

Thanks, Tim

1 Like

Thank you, Tim!

Hi @anon27356207

Link to the ideas portal for Cumulocity IoT Portal:

https://cumulocityiot.ideas.aha.io/ideas?project=DTHB

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.