webMethods API Portal tutorial
API Portal is a multi-tenant-enabled application.The different tenants share the infrastructure of their installation, but have completely separated content.
In general, a dedicated schema needs to be created for each tenant. Since as we mentioned above each API Portal installation has at minimum not one but two tenants ("default" and "master"), you need to create at least two schemas, plus additional schemas for each additional tenant you want use on the installation.
SQL scripts and all additional files. All scripts and files can be downloaded from the ARIS Download Center (https://aris.softwareag.com/DownloadCenter). To download the SQL scripts register(https://aris.softwareag.com/DCRegisterUser) yourself with ARIS download center.
API Portal is internally based on ARIS infrastructure. The SQL scripts are published to aris download center using ARIS specific version numbers. Below table summarizes the portal version and its corresponding ARIS version.
|10.1||ARIS 10.0 Service Release 2 Database Scripts|
|10.2||ARIS 10.0 Service Release 4 Database Scripts|
|10.3||ARIS 10.0 Service Release 6 Database Scripts|
|10.4||ARIS 10.0 Service Release 8 Database Scripts|
|10.5||ARIS 10.0 Service Release 10 Database Scripts|
- Edit the envset.bat file and adjust the following lines replacing the highlighted parameters with the settings appropriate for your environment.
|REM The path to where sqlplus.exe can be found.
SET CIP_ORA_BIN_PATH=<enter the path>
REM hostname, port and service name
- Edit the following lines to change the highlighted credentials of the application user
|REM credentials of the user that is used by the application.
REM password of the tenant schemas.
- With the next two lines you specify the DBA user you intend to use to create the application user and this DBA user’s password
|REM credentials of the Oracle user that will be used to create the application schema.
REM Note that this user must be endowed with DBA privileges such as user SYSTEM.
- If your data tablespace name is different from ARISDATA respectively TEMP for temp tablespace, you will also need to modify these highlighted parameters accordingly
|REM tablespace name of the tablespace in which the data of the application schema should be stored.
REM name of the temporary tablespace.
- Save the envset.bat file.
- Run the script cip_create_app_user.bat
- Create an empty schema for each tenant. Two schemes are mandatory. One for the master tenant and one for the default tenant. The names, for example, aris_master and aris_default can be modified.
- Edit the envset.bat file to specify the connection data of the Microsoft SQL server instance. To specify the connection data of the Microsoft SQL instance, modify the highlighted parameters.
REM schema names for the default and master tenants
- Execute the inst.bat file. This will create the database including the two mandatory tenants and the application user. If you need additional tenants, please use the create_schema_for_tenant.bat file.