Create a policy and linking it to an existing API using REST APIs in API Gateway

Hello everyone,

Our organization is currently using webMethods API Gateway version 10.11.0.8.192 and Software AG Command Central 10.11 our production environment.

I have checked the documentation of REST APIs in API Gateway - Policy Management (POST/rest/apigateway/policies) section and I went through all the provided samples and usecases. Still not able to understand how it is used to create a new policy and link it to an existing API.

your help will be highly appreciated if you can provide a sample for the request.

Thank you and regards,

Hi Abdulaziz,
The below video has a demo on how to add transport policies. Transport and Identify & Access Policy | Software AG - YouTube

You can refer the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3HwmrSYjxiNPb9CkcmJYqSCYvue9IIZD for other policies demo as well.

Hope this helps.

Hello Prabavathy Arumugam,

thank you so much for your response. What I am looking for is how to achieve what you have suggested using the rest APIs services provided by webMethods API management and not using the GUI. Any idea?

Thank you,

Hi Abdulaziz,
You can achieve this using Policy Management APIs. The below link has some samples.

The APIs are here webmethods-api-gateway/apigatewayservices at master · SoftwareAG/webmethods-api-gateway · GitHub

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your assistance, however it is not showing how to apply specific policies to a specific API.

thank you,

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.