Conversation Manager

Hi,

What is the advantage of using Coversation , lots of places this gets disabled due to performance issues.

In what scenario conversation manger has to be used . Which kicks of first Processing Rule or Conversation Scripts

Thx

Sathish

Hi All:

I am also looking for some guidance along the same issue.

Sharon

I will attempt to answer this - but I don’t have a lot of hands on experience using the CM or in authoring conversation scripts etc…

It would seem to me that the CM becomes more useful as your business requirements involve a complex interaction between many different document types.

So if you had a high volume situation, looking at the TN database, you could have a hard time knowing which documents belonged to the same “conversation” or perhaps “transaction” would be the better word? The conversation id is your mechanism to group all related docs in the transaction.

I don’t think you benefit from the CM if you simply had a request/response scenario. One document comes into TN, resulting in some processing, and one response doc goes out.

Hope this helps…(and is reasonably accurate )

H,

So is it possible to implement rosettanet with RNIF 2.0 transaction without CManager …in our case its just Collaborative Forecasting (4A3/4A5) …request and response

We just need document type & processing rule to kick off for the document type(s) …correct me if i am wrong

Thx in advance

Mike B

Mike,

Yes - you can implement yourself.

You will just have to way the pros of avoiding the CM with the added work of unwrapping the incoming multi-part mime, validating etc…
(all of that work is done for you in the RNIF adapter).

Mike,

It will easier way if you use TN CM along with RNIF Adapter for handing RNO’s,so that you can handle multi-part payload , validating,Acks,conversation restart for errored documents etc…

HTH,

RMG/Haithem

multi-part payload/multi-part mime - is it something like getting multiple GS or ST segments in one document in EDI world …heard in 6.0 there is split on option for EDI …not sure about RNet

if the above assumption is right RNIF adapter knows to split my documents

correct me if i am wrong

Mike

Mike,

Multi-part payload/multi-partmime will hold the content-type,encoding data,document Attachments information and so based on this webMethods content handler will recognize the RNet documents using the RNIF adapter.
Its something similar like processing EDIINT AS1/AS2 messages.

Please check the RosettanetModule userguide for more information on this.

HTH,

Mike,

MIME (Multipurpose internet mail extension) is a message protocol. You can find out more in RFC 2045.

WM does provide the tools to parse an incoming MIME message without the RNIF adapter.

My company had a need to do this. We basically specified a custom protocol for transferring data, because our clients wanted something “lighter” than an RNIF pip. We ended up using SOAP with Attachments, which happens to also use MIME as the message protocol.
We therefore had to code all the parsing of the MIME, validation of the SOAP headers etc…

As an aside - I don’t think what we implemented with SOAP is any lighter than an RNIF message - its basically the same thing. MIME structure with xml in the body parts and optionally attachments in some form of encoded binary form.

But as RMG said before, it is much easier to use the RNIF adapter, especially since you want to implement an RNIF pip. We also use the RNIF adapter in production and currently have had no problems with the CM.

Env WM4.6

In RNIF11 package i do see a cm folder with getScript & setScript flow and java service …but this is not present in RNIF20 package

is there any difference with CM scripts being handled in 1.1 & 2.0 ?

any whats new document between 1.1 & 2.0 available … ?

also looking for whatz new document on WM 6.0 & 6.1 from prev versions
on advantage

Thx

Mike B

Mike,

When compared between two versions RNIF2.0 is the current higher version and obviously there are some enhancements made in handling the CM.Sorry i didn’t keenly remember what was that.

Regarding RNIF documentation you can download it from Rossettanet.org in that look for the link Standards/RosettanetImplentationFramework page which have all the RNIF specifications of diff versions.

yes on the Advantage site under BookShelf/IndustrySoluctionsDocumentation section, you will find the RosettanetModule documentation.

HTH,