Content of shadow document

Hi,
I want to know about shadow documents contents. Is it contains metadata plus the content of original document or only metadata?
I also want to know about indexing.Is it necessary to implement another shadow function to get necessary indexing information like (authorname/ title).or our nixe package is sufficient one.
Please reply asap…
Thanks…

Hi Gokul,

please find my reply on your question in http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5648.

The shadow document is supposed to contain information about metadata. In addition there is one element inside these shadow document which stores in a single string the extractable content from the document. However, depending on the content itself it might in some cases be impossible to extract any meaningful string content (e.g. if a PDF document contains only pictures).

The nonXML indexer only extracts some internally defined data and transforms this into documents of a predefined schema. If you need different information you need to write your own server extension or try it with the extension mechansim as described in the documentation.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Michael