CONSTRUCT 5.1.1 and Multifetch

Can I generate code with Construct 5.1.1 to utilize multifetch?
If yes, how?

Thanks,
Dieter

Hi Dieter,

Current Construct will not generate any code that uses the multifetch clause, but this is changing and multifetch is planned to be supported in the next release of Construct (version 5.3.1).

Regards,
Mark Barnard
Software AG

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your fast response.
I cannot find the version you pointed out (5.3.1) on NBS’ roadmap.
Does this mean ‘Construct’ users have to wait until 2010 or 2011?

And maybe the users shouldn’t use multifetch in their online models if they already get the benefit out of Adabas Fastpath.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Dieter Storr

Hi Dieter,

Looks like it’s not on the roadmap yet, but the plan is to release 5.3.1 this year.

I’m not sure about Adabas Fastpath but we plan to implement the multifetch support as an option for the object-browse models. In general, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how you’d like multifetch supported, please let me know. For example, which models in Construct would like see use it, should it be an option at run-time or generation time, etc…

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I would like to suggest having multifetch be available in all browse-models as an option with restrictions to online processes only. The online restrictions would include a 3-digit maximum on number records fetched and a mandatory “TO” clause in the “READ” command.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Dieter