constant error in IS error log

Hello all,

since last weekend the IS error log is full of the following error message:

2002-11-25 07:52:54 GMT+01:00 java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java(Compiled Code))
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter$StepNode.addChildren(ProcessReporter.java:3274)
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter$StepNode.addChildren(ProcessReporter.java:3294)
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter$StepNode.addChildren(ProcessReporter.java:3294)
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter.buildModel(ProcessReporter.java:2743)
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter.traverseAndUpdate(ProcessReporter.java:2586)
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter.updateComplexProcess(ProcessReporter.java:2511)
at com.activesw.bpm.designer.ProcessReporter.updateProcessState(ProcessReporter.java:2172)
at monitor.updateProcessDatabase(monitor.java:1788)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:281)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:688)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:480)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:437)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(Session.java:620)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:103)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

This message reoccurs every 45 seconds and the counter (in this case: 6) increases by 1. We are using IS 4.6 SP1 with Process Monitor and Business Integrator 4.6 .
Any help is highly appreciated.

regards, Alex

Looks as if you have a problem with one of your services not handling arrays (seems to be a vector in this case) properly - has anything changed just prior to this starting? If so, track that, if not, log a call with support - you may have some damaged component - does this work perfectly on other servers? I’ve noticed that this very easily occurs where you do a substring, and the string you’re performing the operation on is not long enough.

Hello Willem,

the exception is thrown from the build-in scheduled service monitor.updateProcessDatabase. It’s a Java service so i cannot track what it is doing exactly. The problem first occured after the system (incl. DB server) has been restarted after a power outage. I think i need to issue a service request.
Thanks for your reply.

regards, Alex