Connecting to Informix Database using logical name of the DB

When we tried creating & enabling a JDBC connection to the Informix DB using the logical name of the DB, we were getting the following error:

“Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Default:test_ccop_hostname.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource”.
com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: Attempt to connect to database server (infimacs2) failed.”

We were specifying the logical name in Other Properties as IfxIFXHOST=hkdux111.
We were able to ping the Informix DB from webMethods Server using this logical name.

Instead of logical name, if we specify the IP as IfxIFXHOST=10.201.12.94, we were able to enable the connection.

Please let me know if there is any issue in creating connection using logical name.

The issue could be that the host name can not be resolved from your server. You may need to work with your network folks to confirm whether this is the case. This is probably not an issue with IS or the JDBC adapter.

Mark

Mark, I tried pinging the same DB Server from our Integration Server box using the host name and we were able to reach the DB Server.

I suggest talking this over with your Informix DBAs and / or network admins. Since the adapter works when using your IP address, it is not an issue of configuration or credentials or the adapter itself.

Mark