Connecting AgileApps to a document management system

I was wondering if anyone has connected AgileApps to a document management system that has the ability to version documents?

Of if anyone has created their own capability to version documents within AgileApps via Java extensions?

We have a few projects where there is a need to version documents, and I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I would also like to make the user editing of the documents more seamless. So that a user could click on the document in AgileApps, and the document would load directly into Microsoft Word. And once the user closed the Word document, it would be saved directly into AgileApps. This is the same behavior we have with SharePoint, which is used by many of our users for other projects.

We are planning on saving our documents in IBM’s FileNet, via the new CMIS interface provided in the latest version of AgileApps.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks!

Hi Howard,

A quickfix that I can think of providing from my end is to attach a version in the document name if a document with the same name is attached to a case.

Further to this, we have now provided an integration with a CMS from AgileApps. Can you let us know your experience using this functionality? More details can be found at the below link.

http://agileappscloud.info/wiki/External_Document_Storage

Thanks
Gaurav