Configuring multiple brokers in HA mode

Hi,
I need you valuable suggestion and recommendations on the following scenario. We want to install multiple brokers on the same machine in different exchanges (different directory location) and the brokers to be in a HA mode, so we want to know if WebMBroker supports this kind of scenario.

Note: All the broker are monitored by awbroker monitor. we have successfully configured one broker in machine to be in HA, tested all fail over scenarios

We want the following scenario for broker in HA mode, please tell us if it is feasible. If yes, please explain us how

For and example:

Machine1 : Machine 2:

exchange 01: Broker1 (Active) Broker1 (passive)
exchange 02: Broker2 (Active) Broker2 (passive)
exchange 03: Broker3 (Active) Broker3 (passive)

Now lets say if Broker2 fails then we want the following thing to happen (this applies for all brokers also)

Machine 1: Machine 2:

exchange 01: Broker1 (Active) Broker1 (passive)
exchange 02: Broker2 (passive) Broker2 (active)
exchange 03: Broker3 (Active) Broker3 (passive)

This applies for all the brokers.

i need your valuable suggestion on how to set this up.

Thanks in advance

Regards
venkat

The configuration you are suggesting is supported. In fact webMethods has a Vertias Cluster and Sun HA agent for that. It is an active passive hardware cluster. You will have to contact the PS group to get the agents or you can write your own.

One question though, you say you want to be able to failover just one of the broker servers if it fails. You can do that with this configuration but that is an unlikely situation. Generally speaking you don’t failover because of software failures. Because you are using shared directories/configuration, you would just be migrating the problem to the other physical node.

There are several other posts that cover the configuration that I and others have used for this active/passive configuration.

Thanks mark for the information.

Thanks again,
venkat

Hi griffima ,
Thanks again, i got it going all my fail over scenarios are working fine.

Thanks and regards
venkat