Configuring JDBC adapter to Orcale 9i on Windows XP

I get the following error when I try to enable my JDBC driver. I have the right oracle class file (classes12.zip) in the right location. I can connect to the database through Sqlplus.

My connection information follow:

JDBCOracle1:JDBCOracle1 Details
Connection Type JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name VSKTest
Connection Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName localhost
user scott
password ******
databaseName oracle1
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties driverType=oci
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000

This is the error I see:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBCOracle1:JDBCOracle1.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
no ocijdbc9 (ocijdbc9.dll) in java.library.path

Vasan,

I think classes12.zip is a thin JDBC driver and not an OCI driver. Therefore, you should specify driverType=thin. Also, I think the class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource does not implement the Connection Pool interface, whereas oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource does, so you might want to specify that in your DataSource Class.

If i need to use oci driver which class file should i use, by the way i m using ojdbc14.jar cuz i m running jvm 1.4.

Any help will be appreciated

Hi All,

If i need to use oci driver, which datasource class file should i use, by the way i m using ojdbc14.jar.

Help is appreciated.

Thnx

CAN ANY ONE PROVIDE ME “OJDBC.JAR” FILE OR ANY LINK RELATED TO THIS. :eek: THANX

Hello vasank this link may help u-----
[URL=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com