Configuring EnterpriseOne 61 Adapter

Hello,
Has anyone used the PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne Adapter 6.1 adapter. This used to be previously known as JDE OneWorld adapter.

I hve installed and configured the adapter per install guide but get the following error, when I tried to enable a defined connection:
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
Remote environment initilization failed. Plz see Enterprise Server log for details
com.jdedwards.system.connector.FatalException: Remote environment initilization failed.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi Eric,

i’m trying to connecte the EnterpriseOne Adapter 6.0.1 and got the same message.
Did you find out an issue?

Thanks
Sylvain

Hi Sylvian and Eric

Same story for me.

Do you already have a solution for this problem?

Thanks
Pieter

Hi Eric/Sylvain/Pieter and others,
Since PeopleSoft have not come out with the release of XBPs for 6.x version (in this version, it will be set of adapter/flow svcs), what are your plans to migrate old code onto new adapter?

Do you plan to rebuild the whole logic by yourself??

Or you guys, doing this for new integrations?

Please post your views on this.

• Saurabh.

also, does anyone have any insights of PeopleSoft moving from Oneworld to World software??

We are starting to use the enterprise upgrade utility to migrate our code, including the PS/JDE supplied XBP (which we didn’t use heavily). However, so far, the EUU only gives you a starting point. You can remove a lot of redundant code after the EUU gets done with it.

I can’t imaging PS going from OW to World. World is a green-screen AS/400 only product, and OW is a client-server product running on multiple platforms, like Oracle/Unix that we run. If anything, I would think that they might be trying to incentivize the World customers to upgrade to OW (now called PS Enterprise One or PSE1).

PS has not come out with a webMethods 6.x adapter for World, but they have for PSE1/OW.

Just my 2 cents.
Roger

Our project is a new project. It is not necessary to convert existing code

But Roger was you successfull in creating the connection to JDE?

Pieter

Thanks Roger for the information.

We have been hearing a lot about co-existance and the possibility of this “feature” being removed sometime in 1Q 2005. Here, we mostly use World for all functionalities. But only due to webMethods, they had to buy OneWorld and that OW env co-exists with World env ,whatever that means. (Excuse me, if I used incorrect terminology - I am not a JDE person)

So cause of this, we have been asked to look into possibility of migrating all our integrations from OW to World.

My initial thoughts about this are that webMethods doesn’t have “good”? solution for integrating with World and we are constrained to use JDBC/ODBC (DB) adapter to access information directly from the Z 47 (?) tables on the AS400.

I just hope, I am going the right path.

comments are welcome.

Thanks

• Saurabh.

The 6.x OW adapter gives you 4 connection types:
1. J.D. Edwards ERP 8 Connection - For calling business functions in ERP8 or XE. Database operations require a separate JDBC adapter.
2. J.D. Edwards ERP 8 Event Connection - For receiving Real Time Events from ERP8 or XE.
3. PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne Connection - For calling business functions or Database operations in ERP8.9.
4. PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne Event Connection - For receiving Real Time Events from ERP8.9 .

Since we have ERP8, we will be using 1 & 2. We have successfully configured the business function side (inbound), 1, and are still working on the real time event part (outbound) 2.

Was anyone able to get their EnterpriseOne Adapter enabled? I do not see any suggestions or solutions for this.

Thanks
Cort

Hi,
We are able to connect to OW-XE using ERP8 conenction and call BSFN, however if we use the XML list function it crashes the IEO/EVN kernel on the OW server. Any ideas why this could be happening?
Thanks.
Eric

Hi,
i am able to connect IS 6.1 to several Enterprise One Resources using the Enterprise One Adapter. Let me know if i can assist you.
Please Add your SystemConfig in your Posts - thanks

SystemConfig:
IS: wmIS 6.1 on Windows Server 2003
Adapter: wmDB
wmJDBC 6.0.3
Oracle (PSFT/JDE) Enterprise One Adapter 8.92

BackEndSystems: DB: AS400/DB2 via wmJDBC
DB: MS SQL 2003 via wmJDBC
DB: Pogress 9.1d via wmDB
ERP: Oracle Enterprise One (Xe and 8.10)

Cort,
Yes, we have got connections enabled as well as for RTE Listener connection to ERP7.3 and ERP 8.11

Hi All,
How to create GenJava file using JDE Client.I am not able to get what are the steps to follow to connect JDE 8.0 One world XE.I read clearly the documentation but still i have few doubts.As appendix B do we need to keep all three scrips to create GenJava file.

I allready given all information which we need to give in the IS–>JDE–>connectionS -->EnterPriseOne ERP 8.0 Connection.
and the same way i trying to perform in JDE Side to create GenJava file.But i am not able to create that.Could some can help or atleast suggest me what i have to send the files to create GenJava or do we need really GenJava?
It is not that much easy than compare to all the other adapters.Please some one who is expert on this can Guide junior Developers with detailed message.

Thank you very much.

Hi,
first of all i have to know which adapater you are using to connect to OneWorld Xe. Do you use the Adapter from JDE/Peoplesoft/Oracle or the one provided from webMethods?
If you are using the JDE/Peoplesoft/Oracle one, which version are you using?
The latest is 8.94.
All the Infos i am able to provide are regarding to the JDE/PeoplesSoft/Oracle Adapter.

Are

Hi,
first of all i have to know which adapater you are using to connect to OneWorld Xe. Do you use the Adapter from JDE/Peoplesoft/Oracle or the one provided from webMethods?
The latest is 8.94.
All the Infos i am able to provide are regarding to the JDE/PeoplesSoft/Oracle Adapter.

Are you

Hi,
The latest is 8.94.

Are you able to connect the Adapter to the OneWorld Xe Enterprise Server??

Hi,

I too am facing the same error, using the People Soft Enterprise One Adapter.

The error is as follows:

[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
Connection failed
com.jdedwards.system.connector.FatalException: Connection failed
at com.jdedwards.system.connector.CallObjectExceptionHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.system.connector.UserSession.InitSession(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.system.connector.Connector.Login(Unknown Source)

Can somebody tell me, what is missing here?

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Hi A
Have you found a solution to the below issue ?

Connection failed

com.jdedwards.system.connector.FatalException: Connection failed
at com.jdedwards.system.connector.CallObjectExceptionHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.system.connector.UserSession.InitSession(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.system.connector.Connector.Login(Unknown Source)