Configuring EnterpriseOne 61 Adapter

Hi All,

Though below issue is resolved, I would like to share this for the benefit of all.

I am using Enterprise-one adapter (package: PSFT_E1_Adapter Type: PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne Event Connection (8.9 and 8.10 only)). I have got below error when we moved our UNIX box from physical machine to virtual machine.

Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource connection:EnterpriseOneEventConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
The specified IS Username or Password is invalid. Make sure this user has access to the pub.storage services and that the password is correct for the user

Since the error clearly says IS username and password was invalid. I spend good amount of time to change the password/reset etc,. Checked the IS user name access to pub.storage service also. Everything was looking fine. Restarted the E1 instance and IS instance nothing helped to resolve the issue.

Solution and Root cause: When we are digging down all the possibilities I came to know that there was a duplicate IP address for the IS instance. This was there only in the UNIX virtual machine. When UNIX team deleted the duplicate IP and I enabled the adapter connection, it worked fine.

Lessons Learn: Please look at the issue holistically and think out of box. Though error reported in IS and it says IS username and password is invalid. That is not the exact cause for the issue. This was the end result of the issue.