Configuration of JDBC pools in webMethods

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

webMethods Integration server version : 10.11.0.0

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Free Trial version 10.11.0.0, build#724

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Create a completely configured instance.

Using the product and the guides I am setting the value for the JDBC pools to point to a version of SQL Server running on my laptop running Windows 11 (SQL version 2019.0150.2000.05). The Named pipes and TCIP/IP have been configured and enabled.

However the IS as well as the DB Database Configuration tool will only connect to the database when i use the following URL

jdbc:wm:sqlserver://JK\SQLExpress;databaseName=WMDB → where SQLExpress is the instance name

and not using the suggested value of
jdbc:wm:sqlserver://JK:1433;databaseName=WMDB

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

It returns an error unable to connect as follows

Test of MWS failed [SoftwareAG][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: JK:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

The fixes are uptodate on this to the best of my knowledge.

Appreciate any insight from this group

This issue is now resolved for me and all the products are working fine, the additional step which needed to be taken was setting the value for TCP/IP for “IPALL” to 1433, attached is the screenshot. This was done in the SQL Server Configuration Manager tool.
HTH

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.