Compiler Options

Hi,

which compiler options must I set, to get the most errors and warnings?

On a CAT/STOW I would like to get errors on missing programs and subroutines, unused variables, etc.

Best regards

Markus Wessjohann

You need to use the L XREF command. That will tell you what you need to know.

Hi,

I dont want to list the xrefs. I want an error message when I CAT a program, which calls a non existing program.
I want the error on compiletime.

Missing modules is only one example. I’m searching for all possible errors, that the compile can show. Parametertypes dismatch, etc.

Is there any list to see all compileroptions?

Best regards

Markus Wessjohann

I want lots of things :roll:

You can try the system command COMPOPT but it wont give you everything you want.
Otherwise deal with each error the interpreter gives you then use L XREF to track down non referenced variables etc.

Don’t know if this is in any way on your horizon, but with NaturalOne (i.e. Natural in Eclipse) as the development platform you will get a built-in parser that will inform you of “all” problems as you write.

Finn

Hi,

maybe I should clarify what I want. I can set FS=ON, then “No default format/length is assigned by Natural for a newly introduced variable in reporting mode.”. With this option I get an error, when I’m compiling a source in reportmode with a variable with nor format, right?

Which additional option can I use? Is there a User Exit where I can check my source before/after compiling?

Which errors get I get from the compiler, bevor starting the modul?

Best regards,

Markus Wessjohann