Command Central Dashboard KPIs

Hello Team,

I have a query related to the KPIs set for the CCE dashboard. Is there any way we can modify the marginal and critical limit on the CCE monitoring dashboard. Please suggest.
There are no update about this in the CCE guides and also I searched all the property files and cnf files in the installation, but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks and Regards
Abir Banerjee

You cannot configure the KPI thresholds in Command Central. The KPIs are designed to be simple and easy-to-use, with no configuration. If you want more control over monitoring and alerting, you should look at Optimize for Infrastructure, which provides very detailed monitoring and control over thresholds and associated alerts.

Jonathan Heywood
Software AG Product Management

Thanks Jonathan for the inputs. Actually our issue was that in 9.5 we are seeing too many system threads, around 400-500 even when there are no services running or any kind of activity going on. We consulted SAG and they told that its normal for 9.x . But since the marginal and critical limits are set in CCE and in that normal scenario also we are getting alerts. Hence we thought that if there are any way to increase the KPIs , either by file properties or by running the update cc scripts.

Regards
Abir Banerjee

Are these threads of UniversalMessaging (JMS) ?
I have noticed UM threads increasing when the UM is down and JMS/JNDI connection keeps polling

But since the marginal and critical limits are set in CCE and in that normal scenario also we are getting alerts.

Make sure you have installed all latest SPM fixes.
SPM_9.5_SP1_Core_Fix2 addresses this particular issue with high thread count by suppressing marginal and critical KPI thresholds and thus no alerts are raised for any thread count reported by the monitored product.

Are these threads of UniversalMessaging (JMS) ?

The number of threads is reported by the JVM and includes ALL active threads.

No Suresh , these are not UM threads. We are not using UM or JMS in our project. These were mainly caching related threads , related to terracotta. Thanks Sergei for the suggestion. Will try to implement this and see if it helps or not.
Will keep posted. :slight_smile: