com.wm.app.b2b.client.NSRuntimeException while calling soapHttp service

Hi,

I am getting the below error when calling soapHTTP service on wM 4.0.6.
Can someone let me know how to go about solving this.
When i step into soapHttp service i get a 500 Server error and then it errors out with the com.wm.app.b2b.client.NSRuntimeException exception.
The error logs has the below entry.

CDT java.lang.NullPointerException
com.wm.io.comm.CommException(java.lang.NullPointerException)
    at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServerHTTPLink.send(ServerHTTPLink.java:71)
    at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:88)
    at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:166)
    at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.run(HTTPDispatch.java:457)
    at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(C:/NT/Perforce/basis/4.1.0-terra/module/core/source/com/wm/util/pool/PooledThread.java:103)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Can someone let me know how to go about solving this.

Thanks,
Sana

First, I assume you’re working with IS 4.6 as there is no such thing as IS 4.0.6. The 500 Server error indicates that the service you were consuming had a problem. Not sure where the null pointer exception is occuring.

To troubleshoot, use one of the many freeware utilities to capture the soap message traffic to see what is being returned from the service you are consuming.

There are several service packs and fixes available for IS 4.6, some of which affect web services support. Be sure that you have the latest from Advantage.

Mark