Duration: 30 - 45 minutes
In this tutorial, you will use CloudStreams to connect to Salesforce and insert a new Account into Salesforce.com.
- Create a Salesforce.com developer account at this link:
- Generate (reset) a security token from Salesforce.com after creating the account above. Instructions to do this are available from this link.
- You must use that security token to append to your password while creating Salesforce.com Cloudstreams adapter connectors.
- You must import the package: Start CloudStreams_Tutorial.zip using these instructions: Import an IS Package
Step 1: Create a CloudStreams Adapter Connection #
In this step: You will create a webMethods CloudStreams Adapter Connection to connect to Salesforce.com by logging into the Integration Server Administrator.
To log into the Integration Server from Firefox:
- select the Firefox browser icon next to the Start menu or select it from the Start Menu or open another browser:
- Direct your browser to http://<host>:<port> e.g. http://localhost:5555
- Firefox displays the Integration Server Authentication dialog:
- Use the following values to log into the Integration Server:
|Password:||manage (default password for IS)|
Note: These values may be stored from previous sessions. In this case, select OK.
- Firefox displays the Integration Server Administrator page:
- select CloudStreams… from the Solutions menu:
The Integration Server displays the CloudStreams Adapter Administration page:
- Select the Salesforce.com link under Providers
- The CloudStreams Adapter Administration -> Providers -> Salesforce.com page lists the CloudStreams adapter connection types configured for this server.
- The REST and SOAP API types are enabled.
- Click on the connector name link Salesforce.com Partner SOAP API to Configure a New Connection
- On the Connection page click on the Configure New Connection link to create a New Partner SOAP API Connection
- On the Configure Connection page, enter the following information to create a connection to Salesforce.com (leave the default for all other fields):
|Package||Select CloudStreams_Tutorial from the drop down|
|Password||Salesforce.com password + Security Token|
Note: For the details about remaining fields please refer to the documentation.
- Click the Save button to save the Partner SOAP API CloudStreams Adapter Connection:
- Click the No link in the Enabled column of your connection to initiate and enable your connection to Salesforce.com. If you get an error, read the error message that displays and fix the issue before moving forward. You may need to set up a proxy server by clicking on the Advanced View link in the edit connection page.
Step 2: Create a Salesforce.com Partner SOAP API Account Insert Adapter Service #
- In this step: You will create a Salesforce.com Account Insert Adapter Service by using your CloudStreams Connector.
If you already have Software AG Designer started, just make sure you are in the Service Development perspective. If this is the first time you start Software AG Designer, open it from the Start Menu -> All Programs -> Software AG -> Tools -> Software AG Designer 9.5.
- In the Software AG Designer Welcome page, click on the Open the Service Development Perspective link:
- In the Package Navigator view, expand CloudStream_Tutorial -> CSConnectionService to view the package’s contents:
- In the Package Navigator view expand the
CloudStreams_Tutorial package, then the
CloudStreams_Tutorial folder. Double-click on the MyConnection CloudStreams Connector to open it up in Software AG Designer. This is the connector you created in the step above.
- Right-click on the CloudStreams_Tutorial folder and select New -> Cloud Connector Service from the popup menu to create a new cloud connector service.
- In the Create a New Cloud Connector Service dialog in the New Cloud Connector Service wizard, enter InsertAccount in the Element name field and click the Next >button:
- In the Select the Connector dialog, select the Salesforce.com Partner SOAP API row and click the Next > button:
- In the Select the Connection Pool dialog, select the connector you created before called MyConnection and click the Finish button:
- The newly created Cloud Connector Service will open up in Designer. Click the edit button next to the Operation: field:
- In the Select the Operation dialog of the Operation Details wizard, select the create row and click the OK button:
- In the InsertAccount editor click on the edit button next to the Business Object: field to select the type of Salesforce.com entity to create:
- In the Configure the Business Object dialog of the Business Object Configuration wizard, select the Account object and the Next > button:
- In the Select Parameters dialog, enter the fields you want to fill out when creating a new Salesforce.com account: (Name, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState, BillingPostalCode) and click the Finish button:
- Save your Cloud Connector Service by clicking on the Save icon.
Step 3: Test your Cloud Connector Service #
In this step: You configure the CloudStream Adapter service to create the rows in the Accounts table in Salesforce.com.
- In the Package Navigator view, right-click on your newly configured cloud connector service, InsertAccount, and select New -> Run Service from the popup menu:
- In the Enter Input for ‘InsertAccount’ dialog, select the tns_sObjects document list and click the Add Row
button to create a document within the document list:
- Enter the data to create a new Salesforce.com account and click OK:
- In the Results view, you should see the following:
- You should be able to login to Salesforce.com and see a newly created Account by clicking on the Accounts link at the top of your Salesforce.com homepage, then select the Go button to list the Accounts.
You have created a new Cloudstreams SOAP API connection to Salesforce.com, created a new Cloudstreams Adapter Connector to insert a new Account into your Salesforce.com instance, and tested this service in Software AG Designer. Feel free to test out the creation of other adapter services to manage any other sObjects.
To import the solution of this tutorial download End CloudStreams Tutorial.zip and follow the directions in the Import an IS Package tutorial. You will still have to enter the SalesForce credentials and enable the SalesForce Connection in the solution import according to Step 1 in this tutorial.
Read in this series:
- webMethods Flow Tutorial - No.1 Create an IS Package and Folders
webMethods Flow Tutorial - No.2 Create and Run a Flow Service
webMethods Flow Tutorial - No.3 Create Document Types
- webMethods Flow Tutorial - No.4 Create a LOOP Operation
webMethods Flow Tutorial - No.5 Create a BRANCH Operation
- webMethods Flow Tutorial - No.6 Create a SEQUENCE Operation
- Import an IS Package
File Drop Tutorial
- Flat File Processing Tutorial
webMethods JDBC Adapter tutorial - Create a JDBC Adapter Service
webMethods SAP Adapter Tutorial
- Integrate with Salesforce.com using the CloudStreams Adapter - Current tutorial