webMethods.io Integration is an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) that enables you to easily and reliably automate workflows by connecting apps and services such as Marketo, Salesforce, Evernote, and Gmail. Our iPaaS is the ultimate productivity tool for helping Integration developers unlock their data and power the company’s next big idea. With webMethods.io Integration we offer hundreds of web services for workflows. Using these, you can create custom workflows by defining triggers and actions and automate almost every aspect of your work/life.
This release represents a massive step toward, giving Integration developers more control over their processes, and also ensures you can get workflows to production faster. New enhancements include:
- Stage Management – Seamlessly register different environments for development, test and production, matching your existing landscape. Promote workflows (and their associated assets) across stages to ensure you are deploying high quality releases. Release with confidence, and knowthat your workflows and configurations are operating as they should with a UI optimized for ease of use.
- New cloud connectors such as Workday, as well as many improvements to the connector framework including: lookup service enhancements and configuration options for custom actions.
- Create RESTful Web services using our new UI, which expose your workflows and flows via APIs for fast performance.
- And finally, we launched webMethods.io Embed – a powerful capability to bring pre-built integrations into your application in an easily embeddable way.
You can find a full list of all improvements, changes and additions in webMethods.io Integration Readme.
This fully hosted, SaaS-based solution provides trading partner management functionality and usability beyond what EDI power-users and directors of B2B Integration have come to expect.
Brandishing a clear and smartly simplification-driven UI, webMethods.io B2B ensures quick trading partner onboarding—not in weeks orhours, but in minutes.
Drawing on a standard document store supporting over 14,000 business transactions, the solution’s ease-of-use even allows your EDI specialist to support customers who choose to uniquely customize well known standards.
Additionally, users can swiftly assign documents via accessible drop-down menus that map to your partner’s required standards, transactions and business document-types (e.g., Purchase Orders, Invoicing, Billing, Advanced Shipping Notices, Proof-of-Delivery, etc.).
webMethods.io B2B is seamlessly supported by webMethods.io Integration, enabling flexible enterprise and external partner connectivity through hybrid integration and back-end service orchestration and transaction mapping.
There’s a lot to explore here, so we recommend visiting B2B in the Cloud under ‘Insights & Innovation’ on the Software AG website.
webMethods.io API is an API Management platform as a service. With webMethods.io API you can securely manage and expose your APIs to third-party developers, partners and other consumers for use in web, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. Create new business models and enrich your ecosystems with full lifecycle API management.
The API Engagement Platform is a new product added to our Software AG API Management Stack. It is a developer outreach platform for API businesses. This is a cloud-native and cloud-only platform for all the API brands to reach the right developers and partners. It helps them with the growth of their API business and revenues. API engagement platform allows you to build an eco-system around the APIs you want to offer as products. With this, you can manage APIs as products , proactively promote, market and launch APIs as well as engage the developer community and foster collaboration and run campaigns and evangelize API usage and adoption.
API providers can now use custom extensions (also known as custom policies) in the following API policy stages: Identify & Access, Request Processing, Routing, Response Processing and error handling.
Custom extensions can be configured as:
- Calls to remote Integration Server services
- Calls to external HTTP URI
- Calls to AWS Lambda functions
API Gateway now provides isolation for multiple teams working in one API Gateway instance. It provides access control based on team-specific privileges. Assets like APIs, Applications, Packages, and Plans can be configured as team-specific, that is, belonging to specific teams.
Teams feature is available only for Software Cloud based tenants and is disabled by default. It can be enabled using API Gateway extended setting.
Support for API First implementation approach has been enhanced to allow for
- Sending provider-side API specification to the selected Integration Server when an implementation stub is created. Pulling provider-side API specification from third-party service runtimes.
- Programmatically notifying API Gateway about implementation being completed in the backed in order to disable mocking in API Gateway.
API Gateway now allows transferring ownership of assets to different users or teams. Ownership change can be configured to require approval or not.
Essential details of APIs provided by CentraSite are considered read-only if CentraSite destination is configured within API Gateway. API Gateway provides visual clues to differentiate such APIs from the ones not published from CentraSite.
- Tenant specific sub-domain - API Portal configuration now allows for using tenant specific domain names.
- Tenant specific SMTP server configuration - It is now possible to configure SMTP servers specific for a tenant.
The Software AG product team is pleased to announce the general availability for End-to-End Monitoring. End-to-End Monitoring is a new cloud application that allows users to monitor the flow of a business transaction from start to finish in a unified manner as it traverses the various webMethods.io cloud offerings.
This release provides the following capabilities:
- Provides out-of-the-box dashboard to view different aspects of business transactions.
- Users can easily access End-to-End Monitoring using the product’s app switcher.
- Users can create custom groups to filter business transactions based on certain business criteria. This allows them to monitor business transactions based on their priority.
- Users can view the complete details of any business transaction along with the business flow which enables them to troubleshoot any failures that may have occurred.
- Users can perform search, filter, and sort operations within the application.
- Provides the users with in-app and email notifications based on the rules defined by them on pre-defined KPIs.
webMethods Cloud Deployment
webMethods Cloud Deployment offers the ability to develop in Software AG Designer, a rich and full-featured environment, and deploy on demand into Software AG’s Integration Cloud. Choose from predefined cloud solution landscapes and select new or existing capabilities to deploy. Software AG does the landscape provisioning, deployment of integrations, fix management, patches, and upgrades, and CI/CD support in the cloud. Here are the key highlights of this release.
- Support for upgrade to runtimes like webMethods Integration Server, Universal Messaging, and Terracotta that are part of a solution from an earlier version 10.3 or 10.4 to the latest 10.5 version.
- Cloud Deployment allows user to deploy GraphQL assets which are developed using Software AG Designer and on-premises webMethods Integration Server. User can choose from predeﬁned solution landscapes to deploy your GraphQL on-premises assets from Software AG Designer.
- Hot ﬁxes are now created for speciﬁc tenants. The Hot Fix list box in the Solution page lists all available ﬁxes that include enhancements to the selected versions.
- Cloud Deployment supports creating solutions in any stage, for example, in the development, test, live, and pre-live stage. Also, you can now deﬁne that a cluster is stateless or stateful for a solution in all stages.
webMethods Integration Cloud
webMethods Integration Cloud is a complete iPaaS, helping Integration Developers rapidly build and deploy complex integration projects for their enterprise landscape. We provide pre-built connectors and a web-based orchestration tool so that develops can connect to the most popular SaaS applications and accomplish any integration challenge. Our iPaaS is optimized for enterprise-grade robustness – making our platform one of the most trusted for running mission-critical deployments.
Over the course of our quarterly release cycles we’ve seen vast service improvements and upgrades to developer productivity. Recently introduced features include:
- Collaboration tools around the development of integration flows like Projects with advanced ACL permissions and locking and unlocking of integrations.
- Many new cloud connectivity options like Salesforce CRM REST, Google Cloud Pub/Sub, Shopify, Microsoft Azure Data Lake store, Zuora REST and others
- Developer productivity improvements like Versioning, Debugging and mapping improvements for better ease of use.
- And finally, usage reporting to help understand the exact utilization rate of your environment.
You can find a full list of all improvements within your webMethods Integration Cloud tenant under the “help” icon
Software AG Cloud
For Software AG Cloud, including My Cloud, the highlights include:
- Support for third party identity providers for authentication and authorization using SAML 2.0. We include sample instructions for Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services 3.0 (ADFS), Azure Active Directory and Okta.
- Addition of webMethods.io B2B Cloud in US (Oregon) region
- Addition of Europe (Frankfurt) as an optional region for free trials and paid subscriptions
- Added more transparency and control over the free trial subscription process
- Ability to define multiple users with the same email, but different user names
- Security enhancements to prevent common attacks