Classical I/O not permitted while MODAL window is active

I have code that uses WRITE statements that I am calling from a NJX program. The problem is that the code with the WRITE is not mine and I am wondering if there is a quick and easy way to modify the all the WRITE statements in the called programs? I have tried to use ENGINEER to do a quick conversion, but it seems that only the inline maps are converted. I was hoping that the WRITE statements might be converted too, but perhaps I am missing something.

Actually only INPUT statements are converted by NEE. There is no replacement for the WRITE/DISPLAY/PRINT statements.

Are there any plans to add a conversion option to Engineer? Alternatively could NJX be changed so that when a WRITE or DISPLAY occurs then something other than a fatal error occurs? Could the the WRITE/DISPLAY be written to a status line on the screen?

As far as I am aware, there are currently no such plans. But the WRITE statement should of course not lead to an error, but be processed as a character output. Could you provide an example and attach it to a support request?