ClassCastException when starting MWS

Hi,

after having installed wM 7.1 on a Red Hat Linux VM, I receive the following error message when starting MWS. Later on, the MWS is not accessible. I am unsure, whether the exception below is the cause, but it seems most likely. Any ideas what’s wrong?

Thanks,

Jochen

2008-09-03 03:10:26 CEST (install : WARN) - [executecommand] Got error, but continue…java:633)
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.URI2)
at com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_fabricfolder.mechanics.FabricfolderMechanics.createTaskFolderResources(FabricfolderMechanics.java:187)
at com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_fabricfolder.mechanics.FabricfolderMechanics.updateProperties(FabricfolderMechanics.java:88)ection.java:820)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.updateNode(XMLImport.java:695).http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.importNode(XMLImport.java:392)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImportFolder.importNode(XMLImportFolder.java:71)dPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.xmlImportList(XMLImport.java:288)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.importChildren(XMLImport.java:451)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.importNode(XMLImport.java:441)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImportFolder.im at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImportFolder.importNode(XMLImportFolder.java:71)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.xmlImportList(XMLImport.java:288)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImportContext.importNode(XMLImportContext.java:84)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.xmlImport(XMLImport.java:232)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.system.xml.XMLImport.handle(XMLImport.java:171)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.install.taskdefs.system.ExecuteCommand._execute(ExecuteCommand.java:87)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.install.taskdefs.AntBaseTask.execute(AntBaseTask.java:90)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor101.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Jochen,

Make sure you are using the JVM that came with MWS. I’ve run into issues with redhat running the GNU java instead of Sun which causes problems.

Thanks for the hint, but I am starting the MWS using the mws.sh script and I a quick look into the process list clearly demonstrates, that this scipt is indeed using the JDK 150, that is installed with wM.

Jochen

jochen,
give a try using the setting the path of teh JVM version using the JDK 142.