Please correct me if I misunderstood your query.
- You want to test message encryption and client authentication using self-signed certificate.
B2B communications are mostly secure. It is must to communicate over SSL for EDIINT, SWIFT and other eStandards while message encryption is optional.
Steps to make it happen:
- Define Enterprise with certificate. Depending on capability of cert, set Sign/Verify, Encrypt/Decrypt, SSL.
- Define Partner TN with Certificate. Depending on capability of cert, set Sign/Verify, Encrypt/Decrypt, SSL.
- Your partner and your enterprise have to define each other profiles in TN with certificates. [Assuming you have exchanges your certificate with complete cert chain]
- Assuming you set HTTPS port:
Client Authentication Require Client Certificates
Listener Specific Credentials (Optional)
Keystore Alias XXX_pk
Key Alias enterprise_pk
Truststore Alias partners_cacerts
P.S. Please cross-verify in TN admin guide, in case I missed something.