CentraSite - Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Hi all,

i’m experiencing some problems while pushing packages (and related objects as flowservices ecc) to CentraSite repository.

In detail, in IS logs i can found this string :

2017-03-09 14:57:45 CET	wm.server.metadata.assets:doPublish	
wm.server.metadata.assets:doPublish
com/centrasite/jaxr/ConnectionFactoryImplEx : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/centrasite/jaxr/ConnectionFactoryImplEx : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Control Full Version
9.12.0.0-411
Registry/Repository Version
Operating System
Windows 7 6.1
JRE Version
1.8.0_101

Software AG Designer 9.12

Any ideas?

Regards,
fa

the java version doesn’t match, check Java class file - Wikipedia

1 Like

Hi,

sounds strange as class file version 52 is for Java 8 as per the link provided by Tong.

Can you provide the about page of your IS?

Regards,
Holger

Hi, sorry for delay in reply.

Below my IS about

Java Version	1.7.0_25 (51.0)
Java VM Name	Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Java Build Info	23.25-b01, mixed mode
Java Vendor	Oracle Corporation
Java Home	C:\SoftwareAG95\jvm\jvm\jre
Java Entrust Toolkit Version	Entrust Authority(TM) Security Toolkit for the Java(R) Platform version 8.0 Patch 179221 FIPS
Server Process Id	7252
Java Classpath	C:\SoftwareAG95\common\lib\tw-3.5.20/wrapper.jar
C:/SoftwareAG95/profiles/IS/../../common/runtime/lib/runtime/platform-bootstrap.jar
C:\SoftwareAG95\common\runtime\agent\repository\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.0000-0001.jar

Thank you,
fa

Hi Francesco,

IntegrationServer 9.5 is running on a JVM 1.7 by default wich does not understand Class File version 52, only version 51 and below.
CentraSite 9.12 is using JVM 1.8 by default.

You can try to update the JVM for your IS by applying the corresponding Fix for the Java-Package to your installation.

Can you explain how your installation is organized?
Are IntegrationServer 9.5 and CentraSite 9.12 sharing the same installation directory?

You can try to split these into two installation directories: one for IntegrationServer and one for CentraSite.
In this case IntegrationServer should continue to use the CentraSite 9.5 libraries which are suitable for JVM 1.7.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,

My organization follow this schema :

CentraSite 9.12 and webMethods 9.12 in the same directory, while IS 9.5 is in another installation directory.

I’ll try to update the JVM for IS 9.5. If this step fails, i’m going to install a 9.12 IS…

Thank you,
fa

Solved.

Updated the JVM…although it I just used a 9.12 IS. 8)