Can't see tables using BatchInsertSQL service

I’m using IS 6.5 SP1 and I was testing around with the different kinds of JDBC adapter templates. My DB is SQL Server and using the Northwind db as playground, I tried to create services with the BatchInsertSQL template. With other usual templates such as SelectSQL, InsertSQL, UpdateSQL I was able to see Northwind tables under the .. However I cannot do so using the BatchInsertSQL template. I am using Local_Transaction as the connection type, so that problem should have been ruled out. Could it be something to do with database permissions? Any ideas?

I’ve managed to solve the problem by reloading the Developer session to IS.

Hi,

I’m encountering the same problem as I can’t see the list of tables using the BatchInsertSQL adapter template. I’m not sure what you did to “reloading the Developer session to IS”.

If you could help out it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

That means you either refresh your Developer session into the IS, or close and reopen a new session into IS.

Hi,

Even i faced the problem. Iam unable to see the list of tables when i used the "BatchInsertSQL" Template where it is not the case with remaining templates.

Quick Advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Simply refreshing my developer session does nothing for me. After I’ve created the adapter, I go in table name and try to select it but I only get a list of databases. When I expand a specific database (that I know my connection has access to because it works using the insertSQL template) and expand the correct user, I don’t get any tables listed in there.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Ok, I got it. Had to change the JDBC adapter transaction type (in IS admin config) to “LOCAL_TRANSACTION”. I then refreshed the IS connection and that tables appeared.