Cannot Connect JDBC on Oracle 10g

I got following errors :

Error encountered [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Cons:dbCon.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver
with bellow configuration:
Connection Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver
serverName
user [username]
password ******
databaseName
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties url=jdbc:wm:oracle:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=10.16.5.12)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=[SERVICENAME])))
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 100000000
Expire Timeout (msec) 100000000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

I’ve tried so many combination of connection setting based on another thread advisory, but the result is same.
FYI,
on the connection pool alias I set:

JDBC Connection Pool Alias
Alias Name wmDB
Alias Description
Associated Driver Alias DataDirect Connect JDBC Oracle Driver
Database URL jdbc:wm:oracle://10.16.5.12:1521;serviceName=[SERVICENAME];
User Id [username]
Password *****
Minimum Connections 1
Maximum Connections 10
Idle Timeout 30000000 milliseconds

and associated it into IS functional, than test it. the result is succeeded. IMO there is no problem with my Oracle connection.
the IS classpath has already ojdbc14.jar in IS lib/jars folder.
I’m using JDK 1.5.
Any one can help?
Best Regards,
Reza

Are you trying to setup an adapter connection to be used in a JDBC adapter service or configure the IS JDBC pools for things like logging, audit, etc.?

The DataDirect driver provided by WM is only used for the IS JDBC pools configured on the Administrator settings area and should not be used for a JDBC adapter connection.

You also don’t need the TNS names service definition defined in the “other properties” section.

OK… Thanks 4 the reply…
Problem solved…
my mistake is about The Database Class name and the version of webMethods, I ran on 7.1 instead 6.1. Because I’m using JDK 1.5, IMO the problem happened because version 6.1 not yet supported JDK 1.4 and above. IMO, even another function is running well, some other function might be running unpropperly.
my successful configuration :
Transaction Type NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName [DB host]
user [username]
password ******
databaseName [Service Name / SID]
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties driverType=thin

Best Regards
Reza

Hi Reza,

I am not clear of the statement: “my mistake is about The Database Class name and the version of webMethods, I ran on 7.1 instead 6.1.”. Could you please let me know the versions of webMethods (whether it is 7.1 or 6.1) and Oracle 10g (I mean 10.2.0…etc.) ? Because I am also facing the JDBC adapter connection problem.
I am getting the following error:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource DfsCare:IDD_JDBCConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL.

In the help documentation, data source class name for type-4 thin driver is given as “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource”, but it seems you used “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”. Anyway, I tried oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource also, but still getting the same error.
I placed ojdbc14.jar file (after checking it for JDK 1.4 version and my Oracle version is 10.2.0.3.0) in IS\lib\jars directory.

Could you/anybody help ?

Thanks,
Anil

I am sorry that I didn’t mention the webMethods version I am working on. It’s 7.1.
JDK -.14
Oracle 10g - 10.2.0.3.0 - 64 bit
jar file: in D:\apps\webMethods711\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\ojdbc14.jar

Thanks,
Anil

Oops… it’s JDK 1.4.2

“Invalid Oracle URL specified”

The hostname or other configuration item is incorrect. This isn’t likely to be a driver class problem. Can you post your complete settings (mask out what you don’t want people to see).

Thanks Roob.
I am attaching the screenshots. I am getting two kinds of errors, with serviceName (1 error) and without serviceName (2 errors) in Other Properties.
Explained it along with screenshots in the attachment document.

Reg. DataSource Class, I tried both oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource (as per Help doc) and oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource as well (as per this thread), but both were not successful.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Anil

Sorry, as the attachment size exceeded, I have separated error 2 content in other document and going to attach them. Please wait. Thanks.

I could not attach the screenshots word documents even after reducing the size and zipping them. (Unfortunately size limit for attachments is very less in wmusers. Earlier also I faced this problem.)

Please find the configuration details below:

Configuration 1:

Connection Type: JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name: DfsCare
Connection Properties
Transaction Type: LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource (also tried oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource)
serverName: ausdfsgriddb01
user IDD
password ******
databaseName: ccared.dev.amer.com
portNumber: 1521
networkProtocol: tcp
Other Properties: driverType=thin
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling: true
Minimum Pool Size: 1
Maximum Pool Size: 10
Pool Increment Size: 1
Block Timeout (msec): 1000
Expire Timeout (msec): 1000
Startup Retry Count: 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec): 10

Error 1 (for Congiguration 1):

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource DfsCare:IDD.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=1521)(HOST=ausdfsgriddb01))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ccared.dev.amer.com)))

Configuration 2 (Changes marked with **):

Connection Type: JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name: DfsCare
Connection Properties
Transaction Type: LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource (also tried oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource. Which one

is correct ? As per documentation, oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource is there, but as per this thread for

successful configuration, it’s oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource)
serverName: ausdfsgriddb01
user IDD
password ******
databaseName: ccared.dev.amer.com
portNumber: 1521
networkProtocol: tcp
Other Properties: serviceName=ccared.dev.amer.com;driverType=thin **

I read in one of the threads in wm users itself that serviceName parameter has to be added for Oracle 10g, as webMethods

expects SID for database name but SID is not there in Oracle 10g (not sure). But adding serviceName eliminates TNS listener

issue. Even there if I don’t use space in between the two Other Properties parameters, I am getting TNS listener error also.
Also order (between serviceName and driverType parameters) is making the difference for errors.

Thanks.

Your databaseName/SID may be wrong. Try “ccared” instead of “ccared.dev.amer.com