Can webmethods connect to Oracle 8i and 9?

Hi Everyone,

Could you please provide any support document which shows that webMethods 9.5 can connect to oracle 8i and 9?

Thanks in advance

Yes, refer system requirements guide.

Thank you Mahesh :slight_smile:

I checked the system requirement document but it doesn’t show the previous versions of oracle, it only shows for Oracle 11g(R1,R2) and Oracle 12c.

I have attached the screenshot. Could you please help me with where i can find that it will support the previous versions.

Thanks in advance

Kumar,

wM 9.x should be able connect to oracle 9 version and make sure you have ojdbc4 or ojdbc6.jar file loaded in your class path…Are you trying to configure IS jdbc pool or just JDBC Adapter connection to Oracle9i?

But I am not sure about oracle8i if wM 9.x works or not you can check with SAG support regarding this.

HTH,
RMG

As your wM version is 9.5, before you integrate oracle 8/9 please raise a support incident with SAG.

For me you should be able to use it.

As your wM version is 9.5, before you integrate oracle 8/9 please raise a support incident with SAG.

For me you should be able to use it.

Yes I would also say SAG support question and get reconfirmed.

Hi all,

As Oracle 8i and 9 are already out of support at Oracle side (and Oracle 10g and 11g are on the best way to that point), it is not a very good idea to start new webMethods installations 9.5 and newer against these.

The connections and scripts might be working or not.
If they are not working (as they might be using faetures which were not available in the older versions) you will have to plan a Database Upgrade anyway.

For the JDBCAdapter make sure that you have a ojdbc6.jar or ojdbc7.jar from OTN applied (for Oracle 11g or 12c).

For the wM-internal DataDirect-Driver make sure that you apply the latest SCG_9.5_SP1_DataDirect-Fix.

Regards,
Holger

I got the info from JDBC release notes. wM 9.5 can connect to 8 and 9i.

Thank you for all the responses :slight_smile:

Yes I see it there, but I still ask you to check with SAG support to make sure if there are no issues because its a very old version of oracle db’s.

As long as jdbc Adapter65 supports especially 8i and as it says we should be good…and do check with SAG if you still face issues connecting/any driver issues.

HTH,
RMG