Can not buld Antroid package, using methods from inherited nUI class

Hello Community,

Could you please help me with the following issue?

I have following issue building Android .apk:

1. I have a Class that extends nUITablerowElement. It looks like this:
package com.softwareag.mobile.nativeuilocation;

import javax.microedition.lcdui.Graphics;

import com.softwareag.mobile.runtime.nui.nUITablerowElement;

public class BorderRow extends nUITablerowElement {

boolean top_or_bottom;
	public BorderRow(int nuiid) {
		super(nuiid);
	}

public void render(Graphics g, int parent_inner_x, int parent_inner_y,
			int parent_inner_width, int parent_inner_height) {
		super.render(g, parent_inner_x, parent_inner_y, parent_inner_width,
				parent_inner_height);
	}
}
  1. In my class I’m trying to access render method from the parent, but building this to Android package fail with following error:
    [javac] Compiling 30 source files to D:\Develop\Eclipse\Collaboration_NativeUILocation_\Builds\0.0.0\AND_HTC_G1_temp__java_edit_\bin
    [javac] D:\Develop\Eclipse\Collaboration_NativeUILocation_\Builds\0.0.0\AND_HTC_G1_temp__java_edit_\src\com\softwareag\mobile\nativeuilocation\BorderRow.java:22: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] super.render(g, parent_inner_x, parent_inner_y, parent_inner_width, parent_inner_height);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] symbol: method render(Graphics,int,int,int,int)
    [javac] Note: D:\Develop\Eclipse\Collaboration_NativeUILocation_\Builds\0.0.0\AND_HTC_G1_temp__java_edit_\src\com\softwareag\mobile\runtime\core\CanvasNativeUI.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 1 error

Just for you information compiles with no errors and runs fine with your emulator.

Thanks and best regards,
Grigor

Hi Grigor,

The rendering of the various NativeUI elements is handled by the underlying UI implementation on each platform - J2ME is the exception where we have to render the components ourselves in code. As a result a method to dictate the “render” by us in code is not present - the Android device itself deals with that rendering.

Regards,

Nick.