Business case can workflow be used

There is a central Integration server in one location and abotu 100 stores that have JBOSS installed at each location. Integration servers are not available at the store locations. Every day the store has to perform a store close process wherein reconciliation happens for the day. Can workflow be used in this scenario to force user/system store close ?

mow

Mow, what do you mean by “force user/system store close” ? Do you just want to inform a user with a message telling them to close the store or do you want to force the store closure automatically (by interacting with application API) ? Please clarify and I’ll respond with my thoughts ?

Regards,

Wayne

hi Wayne, the architecture is still being worked out. i think it will work out like this - first a user will be notified that he has to close the store, if he doesnt within the stipulated time,then the system should do an automatic close. this process has to happen in each of the stores controlled by a central workflow server ( dont know if this is possible)

mow

Hi Mow. Yes, what you are describing is possible in webMethods Workflow.
You can set a timer within Workflow so that if something doesn’t happen (eg. close the store) within a specific period of time you can take certain action within a Workflow process (eg. issue command to automatically close the store…assuming an API is available to do this).
You should also look at the Timeout value used in the transitions between steps in process models developed in the Modeler tool.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wayne

thanks a lot, Wayne
mow