BPM 9.10 Installation Error in Windows

Hi Team,

I am trying to install BPM free trail package in windows system.Installation scripts end with some exception.I am not able to get full exception details.Here I am attaching last installation screen and partial log from Install log.

From last screen I am assuming there is some error in running DB scripts.Can some suggest,if running only DB configuration will be fine or I need to re-install it from beginning.

Thanks
Baharul Islam
Install_Screen.docx (285 KB)

Dropping the db objects and again creating the db objects will help. DBCC logs can be found at \SAG\common\db\logs

Please share to analyze more information.

Hi Baharul,

• Screen shots indicate “Missing or invalid password(s)”. Hence, it seems like username / password
    (you used sys / 123 for accessing your Oracle DB) are not correct
    You have to adapt settings of DBCFG_ADMIN_USERNAME / DBCFG_ADMIN_PASSWORD in your setup.properties

• If you do not change the settings of any other DBCFG_* parameter, you should be able to get along without
    re-install. Simply execute the following commands again:

...\bin\setenv.bat
      grexec BpmsTrial -setup
  • If that does not work execute the following steps / commands

...\bin\setenv.bat
      grexec BpmsTrial -uninstall
      grexec BpmsTrial -setup
  • I that does not work: there should be a log file at %TMP%/groovylogs/testautomation.log.
    Furthermore, by executing

grexec BpmsTrial -diagnostics

a ZIP file containing all log files is created. Please create and provide it in case you are experiencing issues again.

Best regards,
Uli

Hi Uli,

Thanks for details explanation.
 I have send the below configuration details.
 "DBCFG_ADMIN_USERNAME" is passed as Oracle default system Admin "sys" considering it will create new user asdefined in "DBCFG_USERNAME".With userid as "sys/123" I am able to logic through browser.Please suggest what userID I need to pass here.

Thanks
Baharul Islam

Hi Baharul ,

the DB user + password specified via DBCFG_ADMIN_USERNAME + DBCFG_ADMIN_PASSWORD must exist and have admin privileges before running the setup.

DB user specified via DBCFG_USERNAME + DBCFG_PASSWORD will then be created.

Best regards
Uli

Hi Uli,

I have created Admin user ID with the below privileges ,but still getting the same error.
Please find the attached log details.

Please help on what correction I need to make.

Thanks
Baharul Islam
groovylogs.zip (213 KB)

Making other attachment,as in single post it was not allowing
SetUP Details.docx (51.6 KB)

Hi Baharul,

(1) Privileges of user “Admin” in Oracle DB are looking good as far as I can tell.
Unfortunately, I am not an expert on Oracle, but that user needs to have capability to create other users.
Is the password for “Admin” really “123” - can you please verify that again?
The error message

seems to be very clear.

(2) which version of Oracle are you using?

Best regards,
Uli

Hi Uli,

I am using Oracle 10g. However this issue is resolved by removing some the Privileges for both Admin user and DB user.However still it is not working through command but working when I am running through DB configurator it is creating database table.

DB configurator have thrown exception on running some of the scripts.Please find attached DB configurator logs.

Please let me know if running DB configurator will serve the same purpose of running through command line.

As when I have started up IS server in JDBC pool i am getting error IScore/ISInternal/ProcessEngine/ProcessAudit saying associated pool alias does not exist.

Can you please help on this for further tracking.

Thanks
Baharul Islam
dcc_20160730233029.log (8.28 KB)

Hi Baharul,

this means that you are creating with system user instead of sys user.

please connect to your database via SQL Developer (available for free download from OTN) as sys (role Sysdba) and execute the following in the sql worksheet:

GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.UTL_SMTP TO &user;
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.DBMS_ALERT TO &user;
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.DBMS_JOB TO &user;
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.PLITBLM TO &user;
GRANT SELECT ON SYS.V_$PARAMETER TO &user;

Replace ‘&user’ with the user you are currently trying to create.

After that rerun the script in DCC which has caused this error.

The first line applies to most DCC scripts (especially when using the Product-option), the last 4 lines only apply to DCC scripts referring to Optimize (i.e. Analytic, ProcessTracker, …).

Regards,
Holger

Hi Baharul,

the following is a respective hint I got from a colleague:

Best regards
Uli

Thanks Holger and Uli for details analysis and suggestion.

Hi Hogler,

After executing above query also I am getting the same error.

Please find attached DCC log and corresponding script.
swapops.txt (95.6 KB)
ora_dbm_c_dml.txt (245 Bytes)
dcc_20160804230759.log (8.28 KB)

Hi Baharul,

this is quite strange as I am using this approach for several years now, even in production.

Regards,
Holger