Basic question regarding IS with Oracle 10g on Vista

while creating JDBC adapter it is showing this errors

Error encountered [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource jdbc:JDBCConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Please share the details of your JDBC connection. It is probable that you have a mistake in the config or that the host on which IS is running does not have access to the database server.

Also, post titles like “please help me out” are often ignored.

Mark

can u let me know that we can install oracle 10g in windows vista home premium one becoz after installation iam not able to access the scott and tiger account… while giving username as scott and pwd as tiger it is showing that account is locked.

oracle 10g is not supported on vista.
Also, check with oracle support for vista compatibility.

Hey please try this it will support for windows Vista Home permium

Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3/10.2.0.4) for Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 2008

i downloaded it from oracle website and installed and configured in wm6 initially i got the errors but just now i successfully configured… have a great time…

Oracle 1og works fine , i’m running it and i had the same problem of Locking the scott and tiger now i use the SYSTEM or SYSMAN as user for db and password that u used while installing.If you remember the password use those n it shud work.

Hi Mr.Venu

locking scott and tiger is at the time of installation at the end it will ask for password management. we have to click that in that, scott is in locked by default we have to unlock that one...so that u can get rid of that problem yar...

yeah! i know that.since the installation is already done i suggested him that.