Async Tree : Group of Columns as Parent and Children

Hi,

Does the Async Tree control allow a group of columns to be a Parent. Similarly, can a group of columns be children?

If yes, can you please let me know how?

Thanks you for your reply in advance,
Best regards,
Raj

I don’t fully understand the question. In the meantime, you might have a look at some of the capabilities of the AsyncTree/Tree by looking at the wm_corecontrolstest sample available at: http://communities.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/Developer/webmethods/products/caf/codesamples/caf_samples.html

Regards,
–mark

I will illustrate with an example.

Suppose you had a list of Best Fighter Aircrafts in the world with the information on the Country that owns, Manufacturing Company, Stealth Capability Index, Length, Width, Weight, MAX Speed and Weapon Types.

All Aircrafts have the items in Bold above but vary in the Weapon Types. Meaning, The Aircraft can have “n” number of weapon types. The Items in Bold above is what I referred to as group of columns.

So, you would at the Top Level have Country and suppose it has 2 suppliers Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed supplied 2 Aircrafts and Grumman supplied one aircraft.

• USA
    --------+Lockheed Martin
    -----------------------------F35 Lightning II 10m 5m 2000KG 2.1Mac
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------GAU8
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------M61
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lewis

-----------------------------F35-B Lightning II 12m 6m 1800KG 3.5Mac
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------GAU7
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------DEFA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lewis

--------+Northrop Grumman
-----------------------------Global Hawk 6m 3m 999KG 1.8Mac
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------GAU8

Is the above possible?

Please note that the above information is for example purposes only and not actual specification of the fighter aircrafts.

That looks like a tree with only one column. As long as you can provide a data model that represents the parent child relationship, this should be easy.

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I was not able to draw column lines in the example.

Attached is a screen shot of how it would look like.

Level 3 has a group of 5 Columns (in Level 2) as its Parent.
Level 2 is what I referred to as a Group of 5 Columns.

Thanks,
best regards,
Raj

Thanks! The picture helps. My best recommendation is to have a look at our Categorized Table control. For an example, deploy the wm_corecontrolstest and look at: http://localhost:8585/wm_corecontrolstest/view/table/categorized.view

Regards,
–mark

I have tried Categorized Table for this scenario and I cannot use it because of [url]http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=22971&sid=1892ee2565ef57baeb24eeb8cf554520[/url].

Hence I chose Tree control.

Can this scenario be implemented using a Tree or are their any caveats?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Raj

Not that i’m aware of.
–mark

Thanks Mark,

So what options do we have in CAF to implement this use case?

Best regards,
Raj

Change the UI to be a different layout pattern.

Hi mimel,

I have diffrent portlet views in Iframe, in left side portlet view i have implemented Tree toggle control and Tree from List/Array content provider on webservice consumer which provide TreeItems like parentID,nodeName,rowID , URL.

it is showing all parent/child nodes as tree structure, but here i need to implement in initial loading of page i should not show the all the parents elements, should show only one parent element tree , after clicking that in some point of screens i need to show another 2 parnet element nodes visible in tree toggle and some of parent node elements invisible in tree toggle, can you please help me how can i achieve it.

Tree Toggle
PortletLink
ExtendedPortletUrl

• baseUrl=/MyPageAlias

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

If I am understanding you correctly, you are displaying to Controls side by side. On the left is a Tree, on the right is a table. If so, is there a reason why they must be displayed in an IFrame and in separate portlets?

It seems that this will complicate the development for you. If possible, I’d recommend leaving those in the same portlet.

However, I might not be understanding the new design correctly. If not, a screenshot/mockup would help.

Thanks,
–mark

Hi mimel,

i have attached screen shot my portlet, after loggining TreeNode.jpg will appear,

in this page has left Nav and right NAv in one portlet project in difftent views and in Center view page in different.

in left Navigation customer details, Customer view Tree menu , activity wizard in different view in same project, i have done shell rule.

here requirement is i, after loging i need to display customerSearch in left Nav customer Tree menu with same portlet view in Center part.

After entering ID Number and click on search it will display customer Serach Results see:Treemenu1.jpg file, after clicking customer number i need to display other “view Customer Profile” and “Maintainence” in customer tree view, i have done wiring on customerNumber.

to get tree structure i have done

Async Tree—mapped to customer view tree List/Array content provider which is created on web service output results which provide parentID,nodeName,rowID , URL.(Row Variable=result,Row Id Expression=#{result.rowID}, Parent ID Expression=#{result.parentID})

-Tree Toggle
–PortletLink
—ExtendedPortletUrl - >baseUrl property=#{result.url}
—aZText ->value property=#{result.nodeName}

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

Hi mimel,

i have attached screen shot of my portlet, after loggining TreeNode.jpg will appear,

in this page has left Nav and right NAv in one portlet project in difftent views and in Center view page in different portlet project.

in left Navigation customer details, Customer view Tree menu , activity wizard in different view in same project, i have done shell rule.

here requirement is , after loging i need to display customerSearch in left Nav customer Tree menu with same portlet view in Center part by invisibling other “view Customer Profile” and “Maintainence” in customer tree view .

in Cenetr part,After entering ID Number and click on search it will display customer Serach Results see:Treemenu1.jpg file, after clicking customer number i need to display other “view Customer Profile” and “Maintainence” in customer tree view, i have done wiring on customerNumber.

to get tree structure i have done

Async Tree—mapped to customer view tree List/Array content provider which is created on web service output results which provide parentID,nodeName,rowID , URL.(Row Variable=result,Row Id Expression=#{result.rowID}, Parent ID Expression=#{result.parentID})
-Tree Toggle
–PortletLink
—ExtendedPortletUrl - >baseUrl property=#{result.url}
—aZText ->value property=#{result.nodeName}

Regards,
Anil Kumar Ellendula

I’m sorry, but i can’t tell if you are asking a question or not. Please clarify.

Regards,
–mark

hi mimel,

am asking the question.i need solution from u.

regards,
anil kumar ellendula

Developing / Designing a solution for your use case goes beyond the level of support I can offer in this Forum. I’d recommend contacting an SAG consultant to get some assistance in this activity.

Regards,
–mark