Async Categorized Table: What is the Max Primacy?

Hi,

Is there a limit on the value for the Column Ordinal in an Async Categorized Table?

We have a table with 20 columns and 18 of them belong to three different categories.

Illustratively, you have a 4 column table with Continents, Countries, States and Capitals. So you have three categories of Continents, Countries and States.

Will the below setting work?

Column Ordinal
Continents 1
Countries 2
States 3
Capitals 0

If not, what is the correct settings?

Thanks,
best regards,
Raj

The maximum number of ordinals is defined by the maxOrdinal attribute of the Table Control. Please see the Table Control documentation for more info.

The ordinals are defined as:

0 = none, 1 = primary, 2 = secondary, etc.
(0 = no sort)

Regards,
–mark

Hi Mark,

How does the maxOrdinal of the Table Control work in conjunction with the individual column ordinals?

Can I have Column Ordinal set upto 5? Is there a limit here?

I suppose I am trying to have multiple column categorization with a combination of these two attributes, but I also got a reply on another post that we can Categorize only by one column.

I guess I will have to use the Async Tree Table. :frowning:

Thanks for your reply,
Best regards,
Harsha

There isn’t a limit to the sorting ordinals. In a sample i posted yesterday, the table has 20 columns and you can set an ordinal for each column: http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=23630&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=66d9ddda73c6fe5e65a9cc11fd7615df

Regards,
–mark