[ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service

By

I think you want to mean connection pool at establishes with database . If yes, then yes , it’s being managed by connetion manager and connection removing depends on “Expirary Timeout” that you have mentioned on connection creation.

Thanks!

Recommend you to create a new thread/post.

Yes, after the service execution, connection to the database will be closed by WmART. Can you share the screen-shot of the JDBC adapter connection and the flow service?

If you doubt that connections are not getting closed, you can query the current db connection from wM on your database server.

Let me know if you have any questions

Hi,

please provide the settings for the Connection Pooling for your connection definition from the lower part of connection settings page.

To avoid creation/closure of connections every a connection is needed, the connections should be pooled.
If there is an idle connection in the pool the service which requests will get this one assigned.
When there is no idle connection in the pool and max pool size has not been reached the DataSourceManager creates a new one and assigns it to the service.
After the service has copleted, the connection will be returned to the pool for further requests.
When the connection is idle for a certain time without being used it will timeout and after that will be closed by DataSourceManager.

Check IS Built-In-Services Guide for WmART services for checking the statistics of the connection pool.

Regards,
Holger

Hi @Holger von Thomsen

Thanks for the response. My settings are as shown below

Connection Type:webMethods Adapter for JDBC Connection
Package Name:testPackage
Connection Properties
Transaction Type:LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource
serverName:
user:
password:
databaseName:
portNumber:
networkProtocol:tcp
Other Properties
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling:TRUE
Minimum Pool Size: 0
Maximum Pool Size:10
Pool Increment Size:1
Block Timeout (msec):1000
Expire Timeout (msec):1000
Startup Retry Count:0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec):10

I think I get it now. When the Expire Timeout reaches the idled connection will be closed.

@Mahesh K. Sreenivas Thanks for your response. I’ll keep that in mind :slight_smile:

To everyone who responded, Thanks! it made everything clearer now

1 Like