Archiving scripts for TN in 7.1.2

Guyz,

I am trying to find archiving scripts for the TN component and could not find any. I looked at the webMethods_Trading_Networks_Administrator’s_Guide_7_1_1.pdf guide and in the appendix B there is information about how to archive the documents in TN using the built-in service, but there is no reference to the archiving scripts. I also checked the scripts under webMethods\common\db\scripts\mssql\archive\15 (found this scripts after doing a print for the archive component in DCC) I could not find the TN archiving scripts here.

Does any one know if webMethods by default provide archiving scripts for TN in 7.1.2 or should we write our custom scripts for archiving?

Thanks,
Akshith

If memory serves, wM does not provide archiving scripts for TN. The assumption is that one would use the built-in services. Unless you have some specific needs the built-in service should be good. You can schedule the service (it will use the default settings in the TN properties file) or write a small wrapper service to set the inputs there and then schedule that service.

Rob,

Yes, you are right. WM by default does not provide Archiving scripts for TN but it does provide the archiving scripts for IS CoreAudit and Process Audit. Let me check with SAG Support if they provide any archiving scripts for TN, else i will have to use the built-in services.Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers,
Akshith

Rob,

Thanks for the rseponse. I had a look at the clients old “Archiving” scripts and they are actually purging the tables instead of Archiving the data to the WmTN Archive tables. The same scripts from the 6.1 can be used in the new 7.1.2 tables als, since it is just going to delete the documents based on the fields in tables which did not change in 7.1.2.

Thanks,
Akshith

Just FYI, the archive service can do a straight delete too and skip the move to the archive tables. Just make the proper config settings.