Archetype IN Webmethods

Hello ,

I want to now please if there is anyway to develop an archetype in webMethods to generate a standard structure of a package without recreate a new one with Subfolders ?

NB:Urgent topic

Thank’s
Best Regards,

What is archetype? Provide more details and examples if any?

Hi M@he$h,

I think he is referring to Maven Archetypes: Maven – Introduction to Archetypes

AFAIK there is no such templatizing mechanism for IS.

Best regards,
Vlad Turian

The “poor man’s” approach might be to create a shell package that has only the desired folders. I guess you could have shell services too.

Then when you want to “instantiate” a new package, create the new package, then copy the top-level folder of the shell package to the new package. Then, and this is VERY important, rename that top folder in the new package to match the name of the new package.

Not as nice as a wizard but might be workable.

1 Like

Hi,

to avoid the need to rename all the nodes after copying it might be better to create the new package AND the top level folder and then only copy anything inside the top level folder.

Regards,
Holger

“rename all the nodes”? There would be just 1 to rename – the top-level folder, right?

Rename one item, or copy multiple sub-folders. Seems that one rename would be faster.

Or am I missing something?

Hi Rob,

as the top level folder inside the package is the root node of the namespace hierachy it would not be renamed automatically but all nodes (except folders) will get a “_1” (or what ever the next number in this namespace tree will be) added to the name during copying.

Therefore renaming the top level folder will not remove these extensions.
But when copying the different sub folders under the top level folder the node names remain intact (as they are copied to another namespace branch) and Designer will only ask if the references in the nodes should be updated to the new top level folder.
In this case no renaming is required at all (beside adjusting the names of the publishable doc types and in the subscribing triggers).

Regards,
Holger

The devil is indeed in the details – I forgot to consider that since they would all be in the same namespace the “colliding” elements would get the _1 appended if the namespace folders were all the same, as they would be when copying the top folder.

Thanks for clarifying!