Ambiguous content model in schema

Hi,

I have an XSD schema for the XML I receive from one of the systems and the XSD structure cannot change. The XSD has one of the elemnts defined as ‘xs:group’. When I validate a sample XML against the schema, the below error is returned:

errorMessage=[ISC.0082.9015] Ambiguous content model in schema - not LL(1)

Please could you assist in resolving this error with modifying the XSD being the last resort ? It is kind of urgent, early reply would be highly appreciated, thanks.

hi shivh,

An alternative is to generate a document type out of the XSD and validate the xml document (hint: use pub.xml.xmlNodeToDocument) against the document type instead of the IS schema.

Thanks pchew, that does work. The sequence of calls should be as follows:

pub.xml:xmlStringToXMLNode
pub.xml:xmlNodeToDocument
pub.schema:validate

So, if the XML is invalid the call pub.xml:xmlNodeToDocument will fail.

Here is my problem:

1. I have implemented a publish-subscribe model for sending a specific XML info from source 1 to Targets 1, 2 and 3.
  2. Targets 1 and 2 would need the XML info in different format than the source, so no problem there. I will transform and send it.
  3. However, Target 3 needs the XML in the same format as the source, but I need to supress the invalid XMLs.

If I have to convert the same document back to an XML, the structure of the XML is changing because of the way wM generates the document structure for a ‘group’ element.

Any ideas how I can validate the XML string without having to convert to document ? Is it supported in version 8.2 (I am using version 8.0.1) ?