Additonal session created through designer wm9.5

Hi Experts,

Your help is needed to identify if there is any specific setting need to mention in webMethods designer(9.5) to disable session automatically when we close any open item in desinger.

Problem is:: When I open any speicfic item in designer 9.5 (like trigger, flow service) it creates a separate session for that item and we can see newly created session from “Server > Statistics > Sessions” page.
This session doesn’t get close when we close that item in designer and it consume server threads which sometime create problem like unable to allocate new thread.

Is anyone observed this behaviour and resolved this by defining any property in designer or by applying any fix for that?

Regards,
Kuldeep

Did you try increasing IS Resource for Server threads and it shouldn’t be an issue when allocating min/max threads.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

First of all thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am able to increase IS resource and issue get temporarily resolved after increasing threads of Server Thread Pool but to get it permanent resolve I need to identify if this can be restrict by applying any fix or by setup any property on IS server.

Like when I search in tech community I found something related with same problem described below::

Type: Correction
Article ID: PIE-33718
Fix ID: IS_9.7_Core_Fix2
Product Group: INTEGRATION
Product: PIE
Product Version: 9.7
Platform Group: ALL
Date: 19. January 2015
Title: IS_9.7_Core_Fix2
Link to Document in Empower: https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=522651-13296981&DSN=ITRAC&DST=UPDATE

PIE-31474
Integration Server creates additional session threads while executing triggers and displays a misleading expiration value.

When watt.server.trigger.reuseSession (for Broker/local triggers in Integration Server version 9.0 SP1 and earlier or webMethods messaging triggers in version 9.5 SP1 and later) or watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession (for JMS triggers) is set to false, Integration Server displays an additional session thread for the trigger. In addition, regardless of the values set for watt.server.trigger.reuseSession and watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession server configuration parameters, Integration Server Administrator displays the session on the Server > Statistics > Session screen with a Session Expires value of 9223372036854775807 and the session never expires.

This issue is resolved. When either the
watt.server.trigger.reuseSession or
watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession server configuration parameter is set to false, Integration Server no longer creates extra sessions for the respective trigger. For these sessions, Integration Server Administrator displays “upon service completion� in the Session Expires column on the Server > Statistics > Sessions screen for trigger-related sessions. This indicates that the session will remain until the service executed by the trigger finishes. Once the service finishes, Integration Server removes the session.

When either the watt.server.trigger.reuseSession or watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession server configuration parameter is set to true, Integration Server shares one session for each execution of the trigger. In this case, Integration Server Administrator displays a value of “never” in the Session Expires column of the Server > Statistics > Sessions screen and the session does not expire.

But still I am not sure this can help me to resolve this problem.

Current Configuration of server which we are using::

Product webMethods Integration Server
Version 9.5.1.0
Updates TNS_9.5_SP1_Fix6
IS_9.5_SP1_Core_Fix7
PIPTools_7-1_Fix7_95

Regards,
Kuldeep

Hi RMG,

First of all thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am able to increase IS resource and issue get temporarily resolved after increasing threads of Server Thread Pool but to get it permanent resolve I need to identify if this can be restrict by applying any fix or by setup any property on IS server.

Like when I search in tech community I found something related with same problem described below::

Type: Correction
Article ID: PIE-33718
Fix ID: IS_9.7_Core_Fix2
Product Group: INTEGRATION
Product: PIE
Product Version: 9.7
Platform Group: ALL
Date: 19. January 2015
Title: IS_9.7_Core_Fix2
Link to Document in Empower: https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=522651-13296981&DSN=ITRAC&DST=UPDATE

PIE-31474
Integration Server creates additional session threads while executing triggers and displays a misleading expiration value.

When watt.server.trigger.reuseSession (for Broker/local triggers in Integration Server version 9.0 SP1 and earlier or webMethods messaging triggers in version 9.5 SP1 and later) or watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession (for JMS triggers) is set to false, Integration Server displays an additional session thread for the trigger. In addition, regardless of the values set for watt.server.trigger.reuseSession and watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession server configuration parameters, Integration Server Administrator displays the session on the Server > Statistics > Session screen with a Session Expires value of 9223372036854775807 and the session never expires.

This issue is resolved. When either the
watt.server.trigger.reuseSession or
watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession server configuration parameter is set to false, Integration Server no longer creates extra sessions for the respective trigger. For these sessions, Integration Server Administrator displays “upon service completion� in the Session Expires column on the Server > Statistics > Sessions screen for trigger-related sessions. This indicates that the session will remain until the service executed by the trigger finishes. Once the service finishes, Integration Server removes the session.

When either the watt.server.trigger.reuseSession or watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession server configuration parameter is set to true, Integration Server shares one session for each execution of the trigger. In this case, Integration Server Administrator displays a value of “never” in the Session Expires column of the Server > Statistics > Sessions screen and the session does not expire.

But still I am not sure this can help me to resolve this problem.

Current Configuration of server which we are using::

Product webMethods Integration Server
Version 9.5.1.0
Updates TNS_9.5_SP1_Fix6
IS_9.5_SP1_Core_Fix7
PIPTools_7-1_Fix7_95

Regards,
Kuldeep

Kuldeep, try to use the specified one in Dev, test. if results are okay then implement the same in higher environments. Let us know your observations after implementation.

Thanks,

Kuldeep, Did you implement the below specified solution or found a different way to fix the issue … Kindly share the post implemented steps to resolve this.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have discussed with Software AG and they have come up, that this is expected when we open any item on designer a new session will be created.
Session will expire when value of watt.server.clientTimeout property get expire.

Here problem was that at firewall level session expiration timeout is specified for 1 hours and due to this creaetd session was not clearing from session log.
After 1 hour it is clearing from session page.

And below property doesn’t have any relation with this issue.
watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSession
watt.server.jms.trigger.reuseSessio

Regards,
Kuldeep

1 Like

Thanks Kuleep for updating the forum.

Thanks,