Addingchanging segment in edi dictionary

Shubro,

If you change the formatService for that particular field in the Schema will that effect other partners.Just make sure before you do the change.

HTH,
RMG

I have a similar problem. I am passing 1 but the convertToString service is giving me 1E0. How do I stop this from happening? Do I edit the format.xml file?

Please elobarate more your problem,so that we can decide to change it EDIFFSchema/Formatservices or format.xml…

HTH,
RMG

Hello,
This may be elaborate, but it is what I do so that I don’t have to muddle with this weak portion of webMethods.
After I create my string, I send it through a field parser. I have a template per user so that if there is a change to be made, it will switch on the given field if it the right partner and change between (integer, scientific, double-precesion). I have separate services to convert between the three from each other. I thought this necessary as this along with the date formats, are the picky things not handled in enough detail in webMethods, but am asked to have custom for a lot of partners.
This is not an easy approach nor a drastically hard one, but I am always able to guarantee custom results for our partners so I felt it well worth it. Good day.

Yemi Bedu

Did you posted the above one as erpuser? or you are answered to above post…

Anyways thanks for sharing…

Hello,
I am not sure about your question. If you asking do only use the solution that was created, then no. If you are asking if I not only use but make the solution, then yes. I was trying to say something that would be a new avenue of approach. Given that working this way would allow for a maintainable separation of the results for the document after the developers when put efforts.

Did I say something that seemed overkill for the above postings? Oh, and I was not just speaking of the direct upper question but mentioning to many other in a general manner. Good day.

Yemi Bedu

Not at all overkill…good info though…Thanks for clarification.