ACL Setup - Urgent

Hi All,

I have developed few flow services and now i am deploying the same on production server. While developing i am setting Execute ACL to Anonymous and when i deploying it on production Execute ACL changes to (inherited). This is causing an problem while executing the flow service.

Appreciate if you can tell me how can i solve this problem.

Thanks
Atul

Atul,

How are you deploying the package ? I mean the method, because if you are exporting the package from Developer and installing it on the target server then IS resets the ACL permissions.

As a general practice deploy/migrate the packages from IS AdminConsole Packages/Pub-Sub or Deployer tool that way ACL’s won’t get reset…even when dealing with patches…

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

I am publishing the package properly from
Packages > Publishing > Create and Delete Releases.
Once it create the ZIP file i am puting it into inbound folder of destination server and installing inbound release. Still it is changing ACL.

Is it the correct way of deployment?

Thanks
Atul

Hi RMG,

I am publishing the package properly from
Packages > Publishing > Create and Delete Releases.
Once it create the ZIP file i am puting it into inbound folder of destination server and installing inbound release. Still it is changing ACL.

Is it the correct way of deployment?

Thanks
Atul

Atul,

You need to create subscriber for that release which you are creating and then send that release instead of manually putting the zip file on target server.

Hi friends,

Is there any update on this. Because now i am using deployer, and still the ACL is resetted to Default while migrating from one environment to another environment using Deployer.

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Nope

by default it will be Default…but did you move required ACL’s using deployer?

What ACL you are expecting to be shown there?

HTH,
RMg

Hi Friend,

Thanks for ur reply. I have selected the execute ACL as Anonymous.But when i moved the code to another environment using deployer, its showing as Default . Whether we need to do any configuration settings in the deployer. Please help me

I have selected the execute ACL as Anonymous.But when i moved the code to Production environment using deployer, its showing as Default . Whether we need to do any configuration settings in the deployer. Please help me ?

When you do package deployment from IS. The service level ACL’s mapping won’t apply on target system. You need to reassign. It is expected behavior. To avoid additional work load try to use Deployer it will copy all service ACL’s information.

ThanQ siva, I am deploying the package by Deployer i set ACL as Anonymous but after deploying the package the ACL was reset as Default inherited.

Also one more thing i observed if i set the ACL other than Anonymous it is working fine.

Hello,

You can find here our solution for handling this problem: http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/posts/list/15/54627.page

Hope it helps,
Vlad Turian

When using Runtime-based Deployment Types in Deployer it is much easier.

The User defined in the Remote Server used for the deployment target needs to be a member of the ACL.
Otherwise the ACL cannot be assigned during Deployment.
There should be an entry in the target´s server log as well as in the Deployment report about this.

Regards,
Holger