Abt priority in MQ message queue

hi!
Actually i want to know, if there are lots of messages in the MQ and i want to choose a message or some message which are sent later in the queue(for me those are emergency messages).So is it possible to choose them …based on some filter criteria…

thanks
bijendra

Bijendra,
The MQ system can put messages in queue based on importance.It is possible for MQ to prioratise messages in the queues.So you can get the emergency messages first in the queue and then the other messages.In the webMethods side you can set up different listeners for the emergency messages and normal messages.Then you can have two separate triggers for listening to these different messages.This way you can get the emergency messages.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

hi puneet

thanks for reply,

does this means that a listner can pick messages from between a queue based on the priority i.e. a message after which 20 messages are already avialable.

Bijendra,
This does not mean the listner can pick messages from between the queue.Let me explain it in another way:

The messages can be put into MQ Queues(Controlled by your MQ System administrator or the MQ Team).The MQ Team can prioritise messages based on the priority of the messages(you can accomplish this in MQ).THis way the Emergency priority messages will come in the front of the MQ Queue.Now you have the emergency priority message in the MQ queue ahead of Normal priority messages.
After this you can configure 2 different MQ listeners to listen to those messages and filter on priority.Now you can configure 2 triggers in webMethods which can process messages from these 2 Listeners.So you will have Emergency priority messages in one queue and Normal priority in another.This way the Emergency priority messages can be processed in parallel and dont have to wait for Normal messages to finish off.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

HI puneet

thanks for good reply…but still i have a litle doubt.
Suppose i have 10 message in a queue already and i put a another emergency message with higher priority then will it be put in front of those 10 messages?

regards,
bijendra

Bijendra,
yes that message will be put in front of queue.You can set priority from 0 to 9 for messages.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Hi Punnet,
When there are 2 listeners on one queue. One listener for high priority queue and another listener for low priority. Will the high and low priority messages processed?
Since always the high priority message will be released first by MQ, and when there are high priority messages in queue, will the low priority listener process any message at that time?
I think that when there are any high priority messages in queue then practically low priority listner will be idel untill all the high priority messages are processed.

The other question is on the opposit flow: when wM is putting the message in MQ… can wM set the priority value?

Thanks,
Vijay

Dear Friend,

i am also in same situation , Please tell me how you resolve this.

BRai

Yes… webMethods can set the priority for a message while placing it in queue…

While creating the MQ Adapter, in the MQMD Header, select msgHeader.Priority in Input Field Name… Do not set any value here unless u want to set a default priority for all the messages…

Priority ranges from 0 to 9… where 0 is the least and 9 is the highest…

Also, u can pass a value at runtime in Priority. Even though if u have some default value set in mq adapter, it will override…

Let us know if you have any questions.

~Senthil