7.1.2 to 8.2 upgrade suggestions

Hello,

Here is an interesting question for you all.

what is webMethods side by side and over install?

we are planning to upgrade from 7.1.2 to 8.2. what is the best approach to do? Is it side by side or over install?

This is what I thought about them:

Side-by-side:

New installation of 8.2 version and slowly moving components from 7.1.2 to 8.2

Over Install:

install 8.2 over 7.1.2.

do you think that is correct?

Please suggest the best way and let me know if my definitions are correct or not?

Thanks

I would say go with this approach on a sandbox first and test resolove all issues:

Side-by-side:

New installation of 8.2 version and slowly migrate components from 7.1.2 to 8.2

If you have any time constraints like sooner upgrade then you can go with “Over Install” approach (caution) – And yes your definition/assumption is correct:

Just my few cents!

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Is the direct migration from 7.1.2 to 8.2 possible, because the SAG upgrade guide says that we need to be on 7.1.3 or 8.0 to migrate to 8.2

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Ashish A Potnis

Yes most likely it is possible and workable…Better get confirmation with SAG also so to by pass additional steps.

HTH,
RMG

direct migration from 7.1.2 to 8.2 is not supported by SAG. Please upgrade to 7.1.3 first.

Yes, direct migration from 712 to 822 is not supported. But this should only be followed when you need to move you data from 712 (like bpm runtime etc). if data is not required then packages can simply be exported to 8.2 … this too is supported by SAG