6.5 to 8.0

Hi ,
Right now I am using webMethods 6.5 sp2 and we need to upgrade to version 8.
I am new to handle the upgradtion.
Shall I do upgradtion like 6.5---->7.1.2—>8.0 OR shall i do directly 6.5 —>8.0.

In upgrade doc, they mentioned in requirements that we must fiirst upgrade to 7.1.2 or 7.1.3 and we can only upgrade from 7.1.2, 7.1.3…release.s

Shall I do directly or not ?:confused:

Regards ,
B

Hi,

In “webMethods Upgrade Guide” (version April 2010), there is a chapter “Performing Side-by-Side Migration from 6.5 to Latest 8.0 Releases” without the need to upgrade to 7.1 (except for Optimize or Manager Server).

You can also take a look at the end of this thread → [URL]wmusers.com

Hi ,
As you said I tried to get that documnet(Version April 2010),but Version June 2010 is availble in the softwareAG. So let me know where will I get that April version guide.

In June version guide, they clearly mentioned that…
You can only upgrade from a 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.2, or 7.2.1 release. If you want to upgrade from a 7.1 or 7.1.1 release, you must first upgrade to 7.1.2 or 7.1.3.

In that guide , they had not mentioned about 6.5…
Please let me know …wht to do:confused:

Regards ,
B

Hi ,
First of all I wanna say BIG Thanks .

As you said I tried to get that documnet(Version April 2010),but Version June 2010 is availble in the softwareAG. So let me know where will I get that April version guide.

In June version guide, they clearly mentioned that…
You can only upgrade from a 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.2, or 7.2.1 release. If you want to upgrade from a 7.1 or 7.1.1 release, you must first upgrade to 7.1.2 or 7.1.3.

In that guide , they had not mentioned about 6.5…
Please let me know …wht to do:confused:

Regards ,
B

Check this one out… this upgrade guide has the information which you are looking for.

[URL]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuite8_ga/Cross_Product/8-x_webMethods_Upgrade_Guide.pdf[/URL]