XSLT transformation in webMethods 7.1.3

Hi,

I am new with XSLT. Customer asked about XSLT 2.0 support in our production environment running webMethods IS 7.1.3. But I had only found out from documentation that XSLT 1.0 is installed by default. Is there any solutions which supports version 2.0?

Also the most harder requirement: is to easy edit the transformation template, the XSLT will be stored as separate XML file on server and loaded each service call.

Does anybody have such experience?

BR,
AT

Here is the SAG’s comments for xslt2.0 support:

Basically, in the Integration Server 7.x version the WmXSLT package only supports XSLT 1.0.

Actually the WmXSLT package is dependent upon Apache’s Xalan, which does not have support for XSLT version 2.0.

In the 8.0 release, webMethods is planning to support XSLT 2.0 using Saxon-B XSLT processor.

So bottom line is it sounds support from IS8.x and higher version onwards.

But I found another conflict article for 713 check it out empower:
https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=102817-7380775&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD&HL=1&QUERY=XSLT|2.0&SessionID=647390390

HTH,
RMG

HTH,
RMG

1 Like

Its time for upgrade :lol:

1 Like

yes no choice unless you are fed up with 7.x :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Aleks,

we are only using XSLT 1.0 atm (on both 7.1.3 and 9.5.1).

As per our requirement we have our xslt-files stored externally under IS/config/ and assign this name to the appropriate Service in the XSLT. At least one part is constructing the filename from business data at runtime so we need to be dynamic here. As far as I know this does not work with the XSLT-Service-Template available in Developer/Designer.

We will check for XSLT 2.0 as soon as we get a requirement for it from our customer/project owner.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi all,

Many thanks for your replies on such short notice. Did someone tried to use another XSLT factory, I mean external open source library? After searching, I found out only licensed libraries?

BR,
AT

Alex,

Do you thing IS713 still support that other external factory with the XSLT transformation services and I believe JAXP/SAX parser suppport won’t work fo your?

HTH,
RMG

Hello,

This topic solved. I had used the Saxon processor library which supports XSLT 2.0 transformation. There was written custom process which works with file streams and applies the XSLT. XSLT is stored in config folder and path is dynamically created during processing on each environment. For easier XSLT management for user, I created an HTML page which allows create, modify and delete templates.

Thanks for you assistance.

OK great!..thanks for updating back this thread :smiley:

Thx,
RMG